post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1999 E55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS 1999 w210 xenon headlamps

First of all, these headlights are NOT perfect, as you will see in the pics depicted below the inside clips of these headlights that connect to the headlight filler pannels are broken off.

My car, a 1999 E55 was involved in a minor collision where a truck backed into my grille pushing it inward. As a result the headlight filler panels were also pushed in and the clips the attached to the headlights were snapped off.

I was driving the car around for approximately one week and did not even notice they were loose. Beam aim was not affected. It was only upon taking my car in to be repaired that I was informed the clips had been snapped off. There are several other mounting points on the headlights so to say the least, they were still firmly in the car. My body shop informed me that the headlights could be fitted and secured (by attaching after market clips or those from a set of used non xenon headlights) for about $100 or two hours labor. I was also given the option of having my insurance company pay for new xenon lights ($1000 each) i chose the latter.

Now, that being said, the lights work perfectly. As you can see from the pictures there is absolutely no yellowing. Frankly my car only has 48K miles, and it has not been driven much at night. Beam aim and the internal components of the lights were not affected at all.

I would like to get around $500 obo for the set. Considering that they can easily be retrofitted into a non xenon car, are OEM Mercedes parts, will not require any internal, messy drilling for an aftermaket xenon kit, and as stated, new lights cost $1000, I think its a fair price. I am negotiable.

Thanks for the interest

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: