post #51 of 66 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 08:19 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdana View Post
In the interests of fair play, I have to pipe up and tell you folks that Germaus37 got me what I wanted. I had ordered a window regulator from him before I saw the posts, and I decided I would give him a chance before I went after him (I'm an attorney and have prosecuted for a fair amount of my career). I received the window regulator, have installed it, and it works fine (it looked better than ones that I had been pulling off of cars in junkyards). Just wanted it on the record that Germaus37 can deliver.
Maybe you can ask him when he'd like to refund my money; he's had it for more than 4 months now, and now won't reply to emails at all. On behalf of those of us he's ripped off, I'd like to ask folks NOT to do business with the guy until he makes good on his past wrongs. Why reward the guy with business?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2007
(Thread Starter)
Bump
post #53 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:19 AM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrehm View Post
I don't believe it to be a no-no. If the guy is conducting business out of his house, his home address and location becomes his business address and location. At that point he's no different than any other business and becomes fair game.
Will you accept possible liability then?
post #54 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 12:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 97 W140 S320, 1993 W140 300SE (RIP), 2000 W208 CLK 320, 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrehm View Post
I don't believe it to be a no-no. If the guy is conducting business out of his house, his home address and location becomes his business address and location. At that point he's no different than any other business and becomes fair game.
NO! I agree with the quote! "Charlie Wenzel" the fool! Liability? What arse that really has commited mail fraud is going to come out of the shadows and expose himself by actually suing someone? Remember, to punch someone else, you have to get within striking distance yourself, and a real scammer knows that. That's why on all these forums, thread after thread, scam after scam, you never see the scammer TRUELY try to defend himself. They always log on under another name, post their one and only post as somebody else defending the guy, then be out. No mods, let these things play out until the accused comes forth with at least a halfway plausible story.

The Mighty AckVig
1997 W140 S320 SWB (RIP)
1993 W140 300SE SWB (RIP)
1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP)
2000 W208 CLK 320

Last edited by ackvig; 02-03-2008 at 12:07 AM.
post #55 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 06:27 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: 84 300TD, 2005 CDI
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
I've sold dozens of parts and bought many parts from/to members of this forum and other forums. I started a thread over at shop forum of those that bought/sold to me and how the experience was and a few folks said it was not needed. This experience shows it is a good idea.
william
post #56 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 12:11 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1970 250c, 300e amg
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
i have this number he gave me a little while ago 404-423-4879. i spoke to him on that number. hope it helps
post #57 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 12:56 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2006
Why do moderators always try to protect scammers, not just here, but other boards as well. Lock or delete the thread and let other unsuspecting people get scammed. Put a SCAMMERS sticky up, like the boards that have balls.
post #58 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 07:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05E500 View Post
Why do moderators always try to protect scammers, not just here, but other boards as well. Lock or delete the thread and let other unsuspecting people get scammed. Put a SCAMMERS sticky up, like the boards that have balls.
Mods don't protect scammers, but there is also a certain mob mentality that can SOMETIMES manifest itself that requires the mods to take a somewhat more circumspect view.

As an example. Earlier there was an exchange as to whether it is OK to post up a sat photo of a guy's house and address. The rational was that he uses is "as his business". Now, I have a pretty thriving business that is 5000 sqft of Benz restoration BUT my business address is my home because that is where all the bills and everything go. The shop is not open to public, just for work, shipping and warehouse. So my "business" is 15 miles from my home but some people might think it is justifiable to sat photo or list my "business address" without knowing what they are talking about.

So the mods have to take care that folks don't also exacerbate issues which might have board member #294 going to Pittman's house and scaring the crap out of his kids when Pittman is 25 miles away at the shop working.

As for getting scammers, I think you will find the mods work pretty hard to try and make sure the issues are taken care of. It the wild wild world of the internet that is not always possible but we try.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #59 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 07:55 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 190E 87, 89 Ford Bronco, 77 Riv, etc...
very interesting thread.
a few years back, I got scammed by a guy in Creston when I lived in Edmonton. (500 miles away), also over a tranny for $700. Well, after getting no satisfaction(from authorities), and being told tough sh*t and to get f*cked by this scammer, I drove to Creston. I went to his house, pulled him outside and beat him in front of his friends. I got arrested and told the judge in court why I did it. He agreed with me, and gave me a discharge. While there in Creston, I checked out the real estate market and now live there. And the scammer? Runs the other way every time I see him.

Sometimes scam artists pay the price; they underestimate the people they deal with. i say make him pay. But thats just me.
post #60 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 01:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 97 W140 S320, 1993 W140 300SE (RIP), 2000 W208 CLK 320, 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkatoa View Post
very interesting thread.
a few years back, I got scammed by a guy in Creston when I lived in Edmonton. (500 miles away), also over a tranny for $700. Well, after getting no satisfaction(from authorities), and being told tough sh*t and to get f*cked by this scammer, I drove to Creston. I went to his house, pulled him outside and beat him in front of his friends. I got arrested and told the judge in court why I did it. He agreed with me, and gave me a discharge. While there in Creston, I checked out the real estate market and now live there. And the scammer? Runs the other way every time I see him.

Sometimes scam artists pay the price; they underestimate the people they deal with. i say make him pay. But thats just me.
I got into a really heated tit-for-tat with a couple of guys on the w140 board a few years ago, and we we're all DEF from different sides of the tracks. One of the guys was from Chicago, and posting about driving down Lakeview and playing classical music and all that kind of crap. I live in KY, (ironically, only 20 minutes from McBear! Haha! Shout out!). The week after our spat, i made sure to post about my trip to the Chi over the weekend and the view from Lakeview. The trip was pre-planned, yet still, I was on HIS turf where HE lives, where he HANGS. You never know WHO is going to go that one extra step and wind up on someone's doorstep. It was just a little shout out to one of those cats to let them know that his monitor is only so big and that the net will protect someone only so much!

The Mighty AckVig
1997 W140 S320 SWB (RIP)
1993 W140 300SE SWB (RIP)
1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP)
2000 W208 CLK 320

Last edited by ackvig; 02-09-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in