Date registered: Aug 2004
Vehicle: 1990 300TE 300,000+mi
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FS: 1989 300TE Wagon Raleigh / Durham NC
The odometer stopped on me at 175,000. I estimate that it has 200 - 205,000miles on it. My daily commute is 2 miles so I haven't driven it very much. I bought it in August of 2004 when I moved to Durham. I bought the car from my friend that owns a used car lot. From what I can gather, the car had at least 2 owners before me. There are a bunch of maintenance records in the glove box. After driving the car for a while I decide that it was running so well that i started fixing it up. As you can see I've put well over $1500 worth of work into the car.
1) The interior is in good shape except for the rear tailgate. The interior panel is off. I may or may not be able to find it. I will look for it today. It was off when I bought the car.
2) The car was "doinked" in the rear. The bumper has slight damage and part of the plastic trim on the back is broken. I have pics but didn't post them because they included my license plate #.
3) There is no rear wiper arm. I was quoted $35 for the rear wiper arm
4) The door locks don't all go up and down by the driver's door. The system works on a vacuum and it was never a big deal to me so I didn't try to fix it.
5) Rear tailgate key cylinder it temperamental, I believe it needs to be changed
6) The tail lights have small holes. On each side. (thanks to my kids)
1) The car is mechanically very sound. I have taken care of many of the problems the W124 is likely to incur. The list of things I've changed speaks for itself.
2) New ignition key cylinder also.
3) All power seats function properly including power headrests
4) Interior Seats are MB Tex so they look like new. No rips or tears or worn spots in the seats
5) Self leveling rear suspension works, and there are new accumulators
5) Remaining issues are minor and cosmetic in nature.
1990 MB 300TE 264,000mi
Last edited by RCJones; 05-20-2007 at 07:18 AM.