Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Euro W123s 83 300D and 78 200D FS in GA (manual tranny)

778 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  curbill 
#1 ·
I had hoped to put these two cars together to form one by the end of the summer but I don't see it happening and want them out of my driveway.

Rundown:

1983 300D Manual Former taxi (no rear seat belts blanks installed!) imported by a Vietnamese couple or company according to the vin tag. This car was my daily driver for over a year. ~160k according to the odo which is federal and obviously replaced. I honestly believe the mileage is fairly accurate as the car accelerates well, handles like a dream and stops on a dime. The suspension is TD in the rear and probably a TD sway bar, haven't measured the diameter. The engine is in great condition point blank. Oil consumption was 1/2 quart range per oil change which was every 4k. The transmission worked fine and has the 300D flywheel (the drive shaft moved on to my new 617.952). The interior is a mish mash of colors but the trim is all original only the seats where changed out. The door panels are euro fabric brown yellowish plaid. I have pulled the pedal assembly, brake booster, shifter and shift linkage from this car. The car had a front pass side ding and the drivers side was rusted so I replaced the quarter panels. The car was rear ended at some point which led to the ultimate decision of moving on.

1978 200D 109K Manual White with grey fabric interior. I bought this car with the hope of swapping the other engine into it. I have driven it on one occasion, the PO stated that the IP (M pump) was only squirting on 3 of the 4 barrels. I did verify the ODO was working correctly on my test drive. The interior fabric is in pristine condition with the exception of minor wear on the drivers seat bottom and a 2" rip by the door. The body has a fair amount of rust but no serious frame damage (jack points are still usable). I pulled the transmission from this car to put in my turbo.

From these cars I will be keeping the TD sway bar and euro lights. I have a set of federal lights if needed.

PM me if you are interested I am looking for $1000 OBO for both given the rarity of the 200D (which is probably completely fixable) and the condition of the motor in the 300D. Seperate $600 OBO. I really hate the thought of taking these to pull a part and would rather know the good stuff was put to good use.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
how much for the manual antenna?

#4 ·
Do u have the drivers side hood hinge and if so please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.