post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: s500(sold),s600(sold),s320(sold)'83 240d,'78 300d, '87 300sdl
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1996 S600 For Sale

Although I will probably regret it later I am putting my 1996 S600 up for sale. I thought I would offer it up to one of you fine members before potentially allowing the vultures on Ebay to have at it. Let me tell you a little bit about it.

I purchased the car in November of 2006 after a pretty exhaustive search for one after getting rid of my S500. I cannot tell you guys how helpful this forum was in selecting the correct vehicle (Brett and PC you guys rock!). I bought it from a wealthy Southern California developer (2nd owner) who actually had a small fleet of Mercedes vehicles. So much so that he had his own full time mechanic! He used the vehicle to drive back and forth to his second residence in Washington State. The first owner was apparently a relative of one of the service tech's at the Benz dealer in Newport Beach. The service records of the vehicle are complete during the duration of the first owner (up to around 40,000 miles). With the second owner they are non-existent (see mechanic above). Prior to me buying it I drove over from Phoenix and took it to Walter's Mercedes Benz in Riverside for a full inspection. Although the car looked and drove beautifully I was still skeptical with the 2nd owner not having any records thanks to all of you insisting that you have them. My fears were put to rest when the tech who inspected it over the course of 3 hours told me he had been inspecting Mercedes vehicles for 25 years and this particular car was in the top 5 mechanically that he had ever seen. The only issues were flat motor mounts, a faulty fan switch on the climate control unit, and a vacuum leak in the manifold area.

Needless to say I then purchased the vehicle and took it home to Arizona. Once home I took it to my mechanic (Ivi) at Euro Imports in Scottsdale and had them inspect the car as well. Thumbs up from them as well. Since I have owned it I have put new wheels and tires on it, fixed the vacuum leak, and changed the oil. I have put approximately 2000 miles on it (now just shy of 76,000) and have enjoyed it a great deal. So why then am I selling it? I guess you can say the fun was in the hunt and research. Can't totally explain it and I had the same feeling after graduating from a prestigious Military School. Don't get me wrong I love this car and am flooded with compliments on it everday, I simply get more satisfaction out of cruising around in my pimped out '66 Caddy. Simply the most fun I have ever had while going slow! I've had 3 Mercedes (S600,S500,C320) and 1 BMW (740iL) in the past 2 years and guess I just have them out of my system now. I bought a '07 Denali XL (homerun GM! Outstanding vehicle!) last June and my wife and I just had another baby last week so I guess you could say I am looking to simplify matters and get rid of some of the 4 cars we (I actually) have somehow accumulated.

I will be including a 4-year/48000 mile warranty with the vehicle. The warranty is provided by the Great Lakes Warranty Corporation and is their Silver Advantage Warranty. You can view a copy of it online at their website. The motor mounts and temperature control unit are covered under the terms of their warranty. I can have them fixed and then switch the warranty over to the new owner if need be. What I would prefer however is to have the new owner take care of it. I'm sure getting the work done under my name and then switching everything over to a new owner upon completion would be a royal pain in the ass and is something I really don't have time for. Would be much easier to simply transfer ownership of the warranty and have the new owner get the items fixed. The dealership where I purchased this warranty from said Great Lakes is a pleasure to deal with. It is one of two warranty companies they use for all of their vehicles. I believe them because the individual I purchased the warranty from is a close friend of mine.

I have been watching Ebay carefully over the last few months and these cars with my mileage have been going for well over $17k without a warranty and without the 20" wheels and tires that mine has. Cosmetically the car looks beautiful and runs great. I constantly have people approaching me to take pictures or just tell me how much they love my car. The car does have a couple of small door dings and a couple of minor scratches but nothing noticeable from a distance. After all the car is over 10 years old. Attached is a few pictures. I'll try and take some more this weekend after I get it washed. You can request them by e-mail after this weekend. Please be patient with me in contacting you. I work 60-80 hrs/week and do not have a set schedule. It may be several hours or possibly up to a day before I am able to call you back or e-mail you. Text message sometimes works great with me. Please be patient and I will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you to all.

First $16,500 takes it.

If the car doesn't sell in about a month I will put it on Ebay. I wanted to give one of you first crack at it.

Brett in San Diego thanks again. You rock bro!

Jed Fisher
623-882-5446
jedfisher99@hotmail.com

P.S. the child in the backseat of one of the photos does not come with the car. Will accept offers on his mother however.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf V12 Benz.pdf (1.40 MB, 325 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 12:49 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 93 500SEL & 99 S500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Beautiful car! Too bad I'm not looking for a 600 right now....

-Dante

1999 S500 GRAND EDITION 1 of 600 (Currently 96,244 Miles) FOR SALE!! PM ME!

1993 500SEL Black on Black 1 of 3833 (Currently 127,821 Miles): 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II, ECU Performance Chip, K&N Air Filters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in