FS: New SLK55 OEM Wheels - Mercedes-Benz Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
bob44's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 08 SL55
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: New SLK55 OEM Wheels

These wheels are right off my new 07 SLK55. They had 20 miles on them; went right from the dealer to Big O Tire to have aftermarket wheels installed. Wheels are flawless, and center caps and lugs are included. They are the 16-spoke AMG wheels, 18x7.5 and 18x8.5. I do not know the offset or what other vehicles they will fit. Tires are not included. Disclosure: one center cap has a small 1/4" scratch at the edge; must have happened during dismounting.

Price is $1400 delivered to the 48 states. I accept Paypal.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_wheels8783a.JPG
Views:	428
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	109807   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGwheels_8788a.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	109808  
bob44 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 12:00 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: slk 55
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bob, would you consider listing the wheels on Ebay so that I would be fully protected? PayPal's Buyer protection is very limited.

'05 SLK55, Obsidian, Black/Red, airscarf, lighting, premium, and entertainment/nav packages, comfort varioroof module, gas guzzler tax, too :-)
shark22 is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Moderator
 
z168's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: M62
Location: California
Posts: 4,541
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark22
Bob, would you consider listing the wheels on Ebay so that I would be fully protected? PayPal's Buyer protection is very limited.
i hear you - but as long as you use an amex card to pay via paypal - youre good

do not ever use your bank account to pay via paypal

my $0.02

Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft
z168 is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
bob44's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 08 SL55
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Shark22,

I would have no problem listing on eBay if that becomes necessary. I don't do a lot on eBay, but I have about 50 transactions and have a 100% rating (I am listed as bputman44). I just don't want to have to pay the extra money for an eBay listing. I'm already losing some with Paypal. z168's post said you could use AmEx thru Paypal and be protected. Do you have an AmEx card? If you're a serious buyer, I will do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable with the transaction. I have previously sold wheels, tires and other parts on the various Benz forums as well as eBay, and have never had a dissatisfied buyer. Thanks.

Bob
bob44 is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 01:34 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: slk 55
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob44
Shark22,

I would have no problem listing on eBay if that becomes necessary. I don't do a lot on eBay, but I have about 50 transactions and have a 100% rating (I am listed as bputman44). I just don't want to have to pay the extra money for an eBay listing. I'm already losing some with Paypal. z168's post said you could use AmEx thru Paypal and be protected. Do you have an AmEx card? If you're a serious buyer, I will do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable with the transaction. I have previously sold wheels, tires and other parts on the various Benz forums as well as eBay, and have never had a dissatisfied buyer. Thanks.

Bob
Bob, my wife does have an AX card, and I have Discover and Visa as well. But how does using a credit card protect me if you don't ship the wheels, they are the wrong wheels, they are damaged (either in transit, or before being shipped, or lost? I can understand why you don't want to pay Ebay fees needlessly (I've sold a few things on Ebay myself), but Ebay does do a pretty good job of protecting us from each other :-). Also, how would you pack them to prevent damage? Can I assume you would be shipping them via UPS? Thanks.

'05 SLK55, Obsidian, Black/Red, airscarf, lighting, premium, and entertainment/nav packages, comfort varioroof module, gas guzzler tax, too :-)
shark22 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
bob44's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 08 SL55
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Shark22, I assumed the reference was made to AmEx because they would protect your money in case of a fraudulent transaction, but I'm not sure (z168 brought it up). You can also have the wheels insured for damage in transit or in case they are lost. I have the boxes that my iForged wheels came in (same size) so that's what I will ship in. They will go UPS or FedEx, whichever is cheaper. Again, if you're truly serious, I'll do eBay if that's what it takes. We can continue privately - PM me, e-mail me at: bputman44@comcast.net or call me at 925-918-0550. Thanks.
bob44 is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Moderator
 
z168's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: M62
Location: California
Posts: 4,541
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark22
Bob, my wife does have an AX card, and I have Discover and Visa as well. But how does using a credit card protect me if you don't ship the wheels, they are the wrong wheels, they are damaged (either in transit, or before being shipped, or lost? I can understand why you don't want to pay Ebay fees needlessly (I've sold a few things on Ebay myself), but Ebay does do a pretty good job of protecting us from each other :-). Also, how would you pack them to prevent damage? Can I assume you would be shipping them via UPS? Thanks.
shark22, you are protected by Amex for non-conformance to agreed standards. dont even bother to call paypal. and what can ebay do if (lets pretend) bob already closed his account?

all u need to do is call the 800 number at the back of the card and dispute the charge. I bought a cellphone off ebay and it was not the agreed unit. so charge is disputed - taken off my bill - and I still have the wrong unit with me. I am not obliged to pay for shipping charges back to the seller since it was not my mistake

hth

Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft
z168 is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
bob44's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 08 SL55
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Sold

Wheels have been sold.
bob44 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Want to trade SLK55 multispoke wheels for C55 wheels? Blake P R171 SLK-Class 5 03-13-2006 11:26 PM
    Looking for 19" SL Style Wheels for SLK55 dasFx R171 SLK-Class 2 12-14-2005 04:17 PM
    SLK55 AFTERMARKET WHEELS? pq1250 R171 SLK-Class 2 05-02-2005 06:11 AM
    New wheels for my undelivered SLK55 jmejones R171 SLK-Class 28 12-07-2004 07:20 PM
    SLK55 Wheels in 17 inch as Winter Wheels SIlver_Lana R171 SLK-Class 10 11-30-2004 10:50 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome