Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WANTED: W126 near Phoenix

548 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mgill85258 
#1 ·
I'm in need of a reliable, clean in and out daily driver. I want something presentable, with nice paint and good interior. Has to be in good running condition, no major issues, i could deal with a few minor things but can't be anything wrong with engine or trans, as I am not a skilled mechanic, and don't want something I will have to pour money into.

If anybody has a nice W126 they're willing to part with for $2500 or less, contact me. Right now I've got about $1,700 but would consider taking out a small loan for the rest.

Still in search for the perfect one, not much luck via craigslist or autotrader :(

#2 ·
I'd suggest you look for a w123, perhaps a 240D in good condition for that price. Maintenance on a w126, even if you could find one for your asking price, can be prohibitive.

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the tip. I realize that most of the good W126's will go for closer to 6-10 thousand, so i'm taking my chances with finding a nice one for only about $2500.

Anyway, I'm looking at an '84 500SEL today, they're only asking 2 thousand. If that doesn't work out for me, i'll take your advice and look into a different model that would run cheaper.

I guess what's most important is the condition and reliability of the car, not necessarily that it's a W126. I just LOVE the W126.

Edit:
The W126 I checked out today is in fair condition. Mechanically seems to be fine with only an ABS sensor out, oxidization on the roof, and a number of cosmetic issues. For $1800 i'll pick it up tomorrow, it'll be a good driver and give me something to tinker on to get her up to spec, as far as cosmetics go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.