Engine is blown on my '99ML430 (since new) at 108,000mi. Stuck on wide open, #4 injector caused flooding of the cylinder and KABOOM! So you would need to replace the shortblock, at least 1 injector and at least one connecting rod. I am not going to invest any money into an MB brand - not now, nor ever again, - so my loss is your potential gain.
ML is silver, fully loaded (I do not think we missed any options) with new Bosch+4 sparkplugs (at ~103,000mi). One year on Michellin Cross-terrain tires. Some turkey juice (long story) and key marks on drivers door - not very visible, nor rusty. Hole in the front bumper (nobody ever fessed up how that got there). Busted driver's side cat - I recommend welding it, instead of replacing it. Rest is very clean with usual wear and tear over the last 9 years. Never smoked in the truck, no animals - but we do have kids ;-) ML spent all its driving life in St. Paul, MN. Never off-roaded, save for graded trails leading up to my friend's cabin up-north.
Extras IN the truck:
- European Bi-Xenons (with pigtails) which are all clear, including turn signals. Bi-Xenons did not make it into lineup until '01, I think.
- Pioneer DVD NAV with remotes and voice activation (the older one, two units that fill up both DIN slots) that plays movies (while driving).
- Front seatbacks WITH pockets - 99 did not come with pockets, but I put MY00 backs in (slightly different color, but actually looks nicer, IMO).
- Driver's side mirror is an MY00, which is remotely foldable and is electrochromatic - MY99 OEM was not. All functions work, but I never wired them in - I have the toggle switch, but never installed it.
Extras in the shed:
- New '00 front bumper skin. They changed mounting points year over year. I never got around to modifying them and putting it on.
- Used black OEM MB side steps with all the mounting hardware. Got these as an extra when I bought the boat (long story) last year and never put them on.
- Aftermarket driver's side cat. Had been on the truck for 2 days, and now out. I'll be more then glad to supply the instructions on how to put one in ;-).
- OEM Sunroof wind deflector
- And obviously all the takeoffs - original seatbacks, headlamps and radio.
If I cannot sell the truck whole, will consider parting it out. If anybody is interested, please e-mail me at email@example.com
Please be reasonable, do not insult me. It's tough as it is...