post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Aug 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to marcos1074 Send a message via Yahoo to marcos1074
(Thread Starter)
1983 230E for sale

I have a 1983 230E that the timing chain is broken. I have had some troubles finding the part with my mechanic since the engine is not the original. This engine ran for 90K miles and I made a carfax months ago and I found that by 1989 the car had 189K miles. The history is told that it had been a taxi for the first 5 years of life. In the 90's it changed owner and settle down as a family car. At some point after a couple years the car wasn't driven for about four years, another tune up and it found me on august 2004 (with the new engine already in, which I would not know when it was changed). In August/September 2005 I broke the timing chain and my mechanic had a hard time finding the parts after that we stop looking for it and 2 months ago I decided the bring it back. At this point my mechaninc said that is better to look for a new engine, and from then I lost confidence in my mechanic skills.
I can't have it if is not running, I don't have the knowlegde to fix it and I no longer trust my mechanic.
I ll post the one picture that I have and by saturday I can post as many as you wolud like to see.
It has some rust
The tires are in fair to poor condition
The AC would not work
The hood has a paint pop up of the size of a hand
The front grill has a 5 lines broked

This is a link to this forum where they told me what car I have.

And the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	375731849_ORIG.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	96547  
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: