FS: brand new 18x9 AMG monos(aero II) - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: always shopping for another benz..
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320MERGUY
I have new Aero monobloc replica's ( RH brand ) with Continental 2's with about 3k miles. They measure 17" x 8 all four and excellent condition with NO scratches or road rash. Tire size is 235 45 17. Willing to work out a trade for the 18" wheels.

gotta have evo II's, or some ssr's, bbs's, fikse's, ect, gotta be lightweight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceching
hi,

for some reason i can't email you directly.

can you either post here or email me at audiringpwr@hotmail.com what the part numbers are on the back? i would like to check w/ my dealer to see if it will fit on a 98 s420.
part #: HWA 2104010202
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
final price, since i've told a coupl eother people, is going to be $950 plus actuall shipping.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
they are still available for sale, no trade(just bought some evo II wheels)

last fricken offer, $900 shipped to east coast(will ship to west coast for the addtional shipping costs??), $800 local pickup in northern VA(DC area)

pm or send email to christianwann@hotmail.com

these wheels are a steal!!!! i will give it a week and then they are going on ebay!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 12:28 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: CLK55
Send a message via AIM to Dan Wang
too bad they are not staggered
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Wang
too bad they are not staggered

i guess it depends on what you believe the benefits of a staggered setup are....

the 18x8's, 17x8's, 18x8.5's retail for 370 to 420 a piece on tirerack.com, im not so sure i would ride a staggered set if they were priced identically.

a staggered wheel and tire setup is not setup from the factory to be an cosmetic upgrade- its designed to allow more rubber in the rear than the fronts dialing in understeer. some may like the additional rear dish spacing in the rim that the staggered allows(maybe considered a better look o some??), but i'd prefer the deeper dish at all fours aswell as having all four wheels fill out the fenders giving a more aggresive look.

typically you can buy rear amg wheels cheaper because they are less likely to be replaced from potholes, front impacts, ect- hence why after time they become "over stock" and or "clearance"

staggered setups are a prefered option on vipers and vettes were the additional rubber is needed for traction vs stability, and a necisity on 911's and other mid engine or rear engine rear drive cars. on a clks, M3's, s2000's and a few other milder sports cars the staggered setup is not always retained when going with aftermarket wheels/tires simply becuase "stability" in terms of the manufactures guidelines does not equate to sporty or "nuetral" handling.

so personally, and primarily for the sake of nuetral handling, i prefer equal width rims on and front engine rear wheel drive vehicle, ESPECIALLY M3's and any of the compact AMG models, its just a better driving experience, unless ofcaorse you like hearing your front tires squeel while driving aggresively becuase they are being worked past their potential in comparison with the wider wheels......the other side of this, is that if you drive like a moron, a staggered setup will keep your rear wheels behind you front wheels where they belong, or worse-in a ditch(see s2000 and e36 m3 factory rim/tire changes later in producion to staggered for insurance/liability reasons).

so yes, non staggered 18" monoblocks would be a great set of wheels for your performance oriented MB, and i wouldnt falt them for any other use on any other MB application except for the tire width size limitations where 235's and wider are reccomended for fitment on a 9" wide rim making them incomatible for some of the older MB's that ran 205's upfront.

just thought id throw this information out there incase anyone wanted to know, i know i have scarred alot of potential buyers, and naturally so, its typical to think that if tires are meant for "rear fitment" why the F&%) would you put them upfront???? hope this clears up any misconceptions on staggered vs non staggered wheels.

Last edited by OGMERC; 08-15-2006 at 08:32 PM.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 05:49 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 260E
Send a message via MSN to Beaker27
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGMERC
i guess it depends on what you believe the benefits of a staggered setup are....

the 18x8's, 17x8's, 18x8.5's retail for 370 to 420 a piece on tirerack.com, im not so sure i would ride a staggered set if they were priced identically.

a staggered wheel and tire setup is not setup from the factory to be an cosmetic upgrade- its designed to allow more rubber in the rear than the fronts dialing in understeer. some may like the additional rear dish spacing in the rim that the staggered allows(maybe considered a better look o some??), but i'd prefer the deeper dish at all fours aswell as having all four wheels fill out the fenders giving a more aggresive look.

typically you can buy rear amg wheels cheaper because they are less likely to be replaced from potholes, front impacts, ect- hence why after time they become "over stock" and or "clearance"

staggered setups are a prefered option on vipers and vettes were the additional rubber is needed for traction vs stability, and a necisity on 911's and other mid engine or rear engine rear drive cars. on a clks, M3's, s2000's and a few other milder sports cars the staggered setup is not always retained when going with aftermarket wheels/tires simply becuase "stability" in terms of the manufactures guidelines does not equate to sporty or "nuetral" handling.

so personally, and primarily for the sake of nuetral handling, i prefer equal width rims on and front engine rear wheel drive vehicle, ESPECIALLY M3's and any of the compact AMG models, its just a better driving experience, unless ofcaorse you like hearing your front tires squeel while driving aggresively becuase they are being worked past their potential in comparison with the wider wheels......the other side of this, is that if you drive like a moron, a staggered setup will keep your rear wheels behind you front wheels where they belong, or worse-in a ditch(see s2000 and e36 m3 factory rim/tire changes later in producion to staggered for insurance/liability reasons).

so yes, non staggered 18" monoblocks would be a great set of wheels for your performance oriented MB, and i wouldnt falt them for any other use on any other MB application except for the tire width size limitations where 235's and wider are reccomended for fitment on a 9" wide rim making them incomatible for some of the older MB's that ran 205's upfront.

just thought id throw this information out there incase anyone wanted to know, i know i have scarred alot of potential buyers, and naturally so, its typical to think that if tires are meant for "rear fitment" why the F&%) would you put them upfront???? hope this clears up any misconceptions on staggered vs non staggered wheels.
id take the wheels for sure its just shipping to sydney australia would cost a fair bit... theres no way to do it by ship even though it takes ages im willing hmm wonder how much that would cost
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
sold!!! finally.. i just sold my service manager a 03 e320. unfortunately for him i sold it unknowingly with cupped tires, bad for him, good for me.

i told him to order some 235/40/18's just be safe for fitment on the fronts, but he ordered 245/40/18's, so we will find out how that fits.

i will try to take some pics when they are installed, probably by friday, should look hot, i havent seen any of the late models benz's with amg monoblocks, i think they will look great especially since his E is black.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
FYI, these wheels cannot be ordered on tirerack.com, you have to call ask for them by their specs(ask for chase at ext 659, he is by far the best to deal with, he wont give you that whole BS of "no it wont fit" he will actually take the time to do the math involved to give you a better idea of custom fitments), 18x9 et 35 monoblock aero II's. they are on clearance for $199 a piece retail plus shipping. only reason i know is because i get the tirerackwholesale.com magazine every month and i spotted them, almost half the price as all the other 18 and 17" monoblocks.

so if and when i verify their fitment with 245/40's on a late model E class, i would highly reccomend these wheels as factory replacements as one of my all time favorite MB wheels.

Last edited by OGMERC; 08-16-2006 at 09:06 AM.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
These Wheels Do Not Fit On 03 And Newer E Class Mb's, Due To The Lub Bolt Size- The Lugs Are Just A Hair Too Thick To Pass Through The Bolt Holes On The Wheels. Its Too Bad, The Looked And Fit Perfect Even With 245's Upfront.

It Seems Mb Went To A Slightly Thicker Lug Bolt On Their Newer Cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in