I have my 1980 450 SEL for sale. The car is beautiful (silver blue/blue) with a recent high-quality paint job and a fabulous clear coat. The odometer broke at 143K miles. Since then, I estimate I've put 65-70K on the car. Many things have been redone (e.g. struts, seals). The engine is still very strong. The transmission has no problems. New Pirelli tires. Recent brakes. Much more. I have maintenance records for the last 10 years. I'm asking $2,500 for this car, which is a great deal for the right person.
There are many things wonderful about this car, but you'll want to know the things that aren't, so here we go:
1. No stereo at the moment. The stereo had a short, so I took it out, though the amplifier and speakers are still in place. I have the original Becker radio that can be put back in.
2. The heat servo unit is not working. If you know much about these cars, you know they often failed because they are too close to engine heat. There is a new digital unit that comes with a 5-year guarantee and can be put in this car.
3. The A/C is not working.
4. There is a water leak into the trunk.
5. Windshield washer line must be clogged because the solvent isn't getting through.
6. There are a couple of dings on the car.
I will provide more pictures at your request. I am in Redding, California, 4 hours north of San Francisco. This car has been in California/Arizona since its purchase, and has absolutely no rust.