LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: May 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: 84' 190e 2.3 5-speed -$1000 - IL

I know this is my first post but im just trying to be rid of this to someone who enjoys mercedes first, not just someone looking for cheap transportation I have lots of references, etc if anyone would like.

I got alot of the new parts on and now it runs alot better and doesn't have the cold start problem. My rusty trusty winter beater.

A couple more pictures, I can take more I just snapped a few for an idea. PIC LINK

1984 2.3 8 valve 5 speed
-115,000 miles. Color is like a metallic green? I thought it was gold when I bought it at night, has a pretty decent respray.
-Has 16" monoblockish wheels with 225 50 16 tires with maybe 60% left.
-Clutch is recent though I can't put an exact number to it, you can chirp 2nd gear in the right weather though
-Trans shifts great, all gears easy and not grindy, this is the first car I have had that I can put into 1st gear anytime I want.
-I just put a new center support in it, the exhaust is all new though from a lousy exhaust shop, its a one piece. The cats are all gutted. Plugs are new, cap isnt all that old.
-I have spare motor mounts and 16v springs not installed (.5" lower ride hight)
-Still has stock full size spare with great tire
-Cd player and stereo work great, antenna works too!
-Doesnt seem to burn oil but leaks a little out the drain plug that I have been meaning to order another. Beleive me I was surprised after changing the oil, checking it constantly and never having to top it off.

The bad: The only window that works is driver rear. Pass rear would work with new cables, passenger is off track so Ive just left it closed, driver doesn't do anything neither does sunroof.
-Needs steering box i beleive, it has like 4 inch of empty play, but Ive gotten used to it.
-shocks are pretty gone, but I think its fun, get 3 guys on the back, a couple in the front and looks pretty slammed
-Both rear fenders have rust, like pretty bad. Passenger fender has it too. Looks like it was fixed with the respray but not well and came back worse.
-Vaccum leak? There is little control over the inside temperature in the car.
-Central locking is a little messed up but works mostly
-Has 2 keys to start the car
-Needs new ebrake cables to each rear wheel, I think they are like $25 new each.

Well that seems like alot now I listed it all...
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: May 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Oh the car is located near Rockford, IL. Id be willing to drive it to meet somewhere.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: