post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 300 TD Cali Wagon 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
WTB - 300 TD Wagon ('85) Engine, PA or NJ ideal

Too make a very long and painful story short, my beloved 300 TD Wagon, Gloria, died after the oil drain tube burst. Her engine was then worsened when the mechanic thought he had fixed the problem, but instead, left her to run for an hour with no oil going through...sigh

At any rate, if it's at all possible, I am looking for a replacement engine. She is currently in PA (where I live) but the dealer who sold her to us will be picking her up sometime this week and looking for a replacement engine also. He is near Atlantic City New Jersey.

However, if anybody out there has a good engine, I would be willing to pay shipping for a good price.

Thanks for your help. Please keep Gloria in your prayers!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 08:05 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2004
RE: WTB - 300 TD Wagon ('85) Engine, PA or NJ ideal

Hello.

I may be able to help.

I have an '81 300TDT in my garage in South Jersey that I use as a parts car. I've picked it over quite a bit but the drivetrain is almost entirely intact. The chassis has over 300K miles on it but, when I bought it, the previous owner advised that the engine was a replacement from a 300SD with ~180K miles. It has no suspension pump (since it wasn't from a 300TDT) and I've removed the alternator. Otherwise it runs.

I anticipate that someday I'll need the transmission from this parts car for my other 300TDT. Perhaps we could work something out where your mechanic (at Ditmire?) pulls the engine/transmission, separates, installs engine in yours and returns transmisson to me with remainder of chassis?

As above, this engine runs. Drove the car back from Cape Cod a couple of years ago with no problems. But it doesn't look pretty and a couple of years in my garage hasn't improved anything.

You're welcome to come see it and review it while running.

I'm sure we can work out something relative to $ that is mutually beneficial to both of us.

Jim S.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 300 TD Cali Wagon 85
(Thread Starter)

Jim,

This sounds very promising. If you don't mind, I will forward this information to my mechanic in Absecon and hopefully we can work something out.

Thank you for your help and interest.

Please feel free to contact me via email so we could share information and discuss more details. My email is lahaden@hotmail.com

If you would also be kind enough to be explicit as to the price for the parts, that would be wonderful (gives me a better idea of what cost I'm looking at).

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

--Laura
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 10:10 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2006

My wife has an 85 300td wagon in burgandy. We bought the car on 3/17/2000 with 158,536 miles and it now has 198,000. She only drives it locally and puts about 6,000 miles a year on it. The engine and transmission run great, the only problem with the car is that the body has some serious rust on the wheel wells and drivers side doors. If you are still looking for an engine, this will serve you well and you the vehicle can be parted out to offset the cost. Let me know if you are interested in seeing pictures of the vehicle.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 09:14 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2006
I siezed my motor this morning . how much do you want for it? dustin in Jax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in