post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 300td
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS : 1980 300TD, low miles, no rust

Car runs great. I have it up on ebay right now. However, I will end the auction for someone who wants it and pays the deposit.

Its in good shape, has an engine with only 83K on it, body with 176K, all the details are on ebay.

I'm in Knoxville, TN...I would like something near $4300...but may consider lower offers if that isn't met.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4618144966

My contact info:
e: mercedes@crushftp.com
c: 8.6.5-3.0.0-2.3.1.0

Thanks,
Ben

Info:
Diesel Fuel : miles per gallon = 26 city & 31 hwy
Automatic Windows, Heat, Working A/C, Large Moon Roof, Radio, Cruise control
Title is clear, the car has never been in an accident to my knowloedge.
VIN : WDB12319012017564

With the 50+ high-resolution photos on ebay, you can be absolutely confident on the car you are purchasing. I'm a long time honest E-Bay user and my feedback shows it.

Car History:
Built in the US and lived in AZ its entire life- except for the last year- during which it lived in Knoxville, TN. There is absolutely NO RUST anywhere! It's had four owners. I've owned it for one year. The previous owner is a friend of the family who takes great care of his cars. He sold it because he was moving to Germany to retire.

The engine was replaced at about 95K and the current odometer reading is 178K. Its new engine has a low 83K on it! The odometer does work and is accurate. The engine runs smooth and strong, and it does not smoke or burn oil. The vacuum door locks are all in working order and engage properly when turning the key from the outside.

Except for routine maintenance, this car has been trouble free and a pleasure to drive! I will be very sad to see it go. The reason I am selling is because I am moving to a freezing, mountainous climate where our little "Banana Boat" just wouldn't be happy. It has lots more life left. These cars are well known for their longevity. They were used in Germany as taxicabs and expected to last for well over 400K. I will include all maintenance papers from this past year, along with the repair manual.

The car is in fantastic condition, especially for a 26-year-old car! I've had the following replaced in the last year: left & right upper control arms, left & right lower ball joints, right motor mount, and the brake master cylinder. The valves have also been adjusted and the A/C has had Freon added.

The rear axles and the rear accumulators (self leveling system) need to be replaced. It's best if this car is not taken on long or high-speed trips without replacing the rear axles - excessive stress will wear out the rear wheel bearings, which are expensive to replace. For this reason, if you live a long distance away, I recommend that a shipping company be used to pick up the car. Another option would be fixing the axles while the car is still here in Knoxville. The Mercedes mechanic I use here is excellent and very reasonable. I can get it done for you quickly and efficiently.

Other small problems: the rear right window does not roll down (you can hear the motor engage when you press up though, so I assume it's a switch problem- it just stopped working this week); the rear windshield wiper does not work; there is a small dent below the back window, and on the passenger front door (see pictures); there is a scratch in the tint on the rear window - about 2 inches in length; the spring in the driver's side sun visor does not work - I've been using Velcro to secure it; the carpeting in the trunk is worn in areas and faded; the brake sensor light is on (however, the brakes are good, I just didn't get the sensor replaced); the dash is cracked, but is covered by a custom carpet cover; and only the left front speaker works.

Please browse the pictures and contact me with any questions. I will reply promptly. If you'd like additional pictures, I'll be happy to take them for you and post them up with the current ones. If you'd like to talk to a Mercedes mechanic that has seen and worked on this car, that can also be arranged.
This car is for sale locally, and I reserve the right to end the auction early if a local buyer buys the car first. I will consider reasonable offers. The staring price I believe is a fair price based on several Mercedes specific mechanics I have talked to, and similar cars I have seen sold.
A $500 deposit is required within 3 business days of the auction closing.
Contact me prior to bidding if you are concerned about shipping or arranging for pickup.

Contact me through ebay, or via ebay@crushftp.com, or my cell 865-300-2310.
I am in the eastern time zone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in