BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2005
Location: Birmingham, UK
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
w123 in the UK ** FREE ** to a good home...
It's a real pity.
I'm offering my 1982 230e petrol auto for free to anyone who wants to have it, use it and enjoy it.
I've had the car since 2000 and it has been my rock, seen me through the best and the worst of times.
I'm now studying for a PhD in Birmingham and I can't afford to keep the car on the road, so I am offering it to someone who will.
The car is in overall very good condition. Bad points first though:
- water ingress from somewhere, collecting in the passenger foot wells
- some under-paint rusting on nearside passenger winscreen pillar, passernger front wheel arch and windcreen corner
- usual scuffing on driver backrest
- stereo not working, but has 4 new speakers
- been stood since insurance ran out (Aug '05)
- small vac leak - central locking but not unlocking!
- sunroof needs re-greasing
- no tax of MoT
- small dent in front wing, passenger side
- white walls, 5 factory alloys, merc logo mudflaps, driver armrest, chrome arches
- 160,000 miles
- blue with blue cloth interior
- uber reliable
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ:
I would MoT it and put it on e-bay; I'd get good money for it. But as I am sure you can all understand, I am really attached to the car. I want someone to use it, and when it is surplas to requirements (be that a year or more from now) I will take the car back. Hopefully by then I will have finished the PhD and be able to lavish the care and attention it deserves.
Whoever takes the car will not be permitted to sell it on.
If anyone wants to take this car, use it, love it and enjoy it, it's yours. Just make sure I get her back one day.
Thanks for reading folks.