Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1982 300d turbo for sale

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ed g 
#1 ·
82 300d Turbo for sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As some of you might already know my 300d was involved in a front end accident a few weeks ago. The car is in my garage and most of the ruined pieces have been removed. There was no damage to the engine but the radiator, oil cooler, AC condensor were ruined along with both headlight bezels, the grill and the hood. you can view the damage and what the car looks like now at these 2 links:
after the accident
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...posts=1&fid=10
after removal of damaged pieces
http://benzworld.org/forums/forums/t...sp?tid=1238050

My plan was to find used pieces from parts cars and piece her back together but with my line of work, im a realtor, i dont have time to fix it at the moment and i needed a car asap so i recently purchased an 87 300SDL and i need room in my garage. so i am selling my 82 300d. hopefully i can find her a good home and someone who can bring her back to the highways.

*I am the 2nd owner, bought it in May 05 from a used car dealer in Baltimore, the dealer said the owner donated the car for a charity auction. the title i got from the dealer showed the owner purchased it in late 1982.
*She has almost 249k miles on her and was running strong at the time of the accident. no problems w the tranny and did not smoke...i couldnt even get it to blow off any black smoke w an italian tune-up. it will need new glow plugs because i pulled the plugs i installed 2 months ago to put them in my 300sdl.
*New breaks were installed in August, i have the reciept.
*i installed a sony x-plode in her over the summer and that will not come w the car but i do have the original becker tape player which i will include. the fader wires for the center console were cut because they interfere w new units so i would recommend putting another aftermarket head unit in it. the wiring was pretty easy to hook up w the info i found on this site. i just wanted any prospective buyer to know that the fader wires were cut.
* there are a few small rust areas around the doors but its not that bad. the passenger side rear floor has some rust also which was caused by a leaky rear window seal. i did not know the rear window had a slight leak prior to my purchase in May 05. the car has been garage while ive owned it and the previous owner also had it kept in the garage because the paint is in really good shape.
*i do not have any service records for the car prior to my purchase.

i am offering this car for $1,000 firm. with a few hundred dollars in parts you will have an almost vintage mercedes-benz.
The car must be towed and you must make the towing arrangements. my cell is 856-278-1292 if you have any questions or would like to schedule a showing. If i dont get any interest within 2 weeks i may decide to part the car out...i could probably make more on the sale that way but i would really like to see someone get this car back on the road again...i really enjoyed driving her for the 6 months ive owned her. great summer ride.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.