Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: AWESOME 1991 AMG 560SEC TIME-CAPSULE 19K MILES!!!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MBZER 
#1 ·
I've got too many cars and not enough money (don't we all?). It's gonna kill me to sell this car, but if I can get my money back out of it, I need to renovate a bathroom in my house and pay some big bills.

Before I go the ebay/Hemmings/DuPont/Autotrader route, I wanted to see if anyone on Benzworld would be interested or might know a collector that'd be interested. This is a very special, expensive car, but man it's worth it.

Car is a one-owner 1991 560SEC. Owned by famous rock musician with name on the title to prove it. A California car since new. Full AMG aero kit, AMG wheels, AMG suspension, AMG Torsen/Gleason rear, AMG headers, etc. done when new by Bruce Canepa Motorsports in Santa Cruz, CA. A fully documented AND photographed build. $27K in AMG aftermarket options on top of original sticker price of $87K. All service records, photos, window sticker, and documentation since new. All body panels original.

Odometer shows 23K miles, but AMG Torsen/Gleason rear end was installed when new and odometer was never corrected for it, so has been reading 18% high since new. Actual miles are ~19,024 at present time. Dakota Digital SGI-5 ready to be installed to correct speedometer/odometer but has not been done yet so buyer can see actual uncorrected readings.

Condition is best described as outstanding and original. Sheepskin covers installed on front seats when new have NEVER BEEN REMOVED. No human body has ever touched the front seats, which are pristine and as-new. So are the back seats, door panels, headliner, carpet, wood, dash, etc. Custom Eclipse sound system installed by rock-star owner when new.

She's all black, including black AMG effects, black tail spoiler, black tinted windows, black powder-coated AMG Monobloc wheels (five of them including the spare!), etc. She looks like Darth Vader's personal ride.

I have done the few things she needed to be truly perfect. Refinshed all five wheels as the powder-coat was peeling a bit. Installed custom dual 2.25" exhaust, with stainless-steel x-pipe crossover and new AMG tips, for fantastic look and sound (original exhaust was oxidized from lack of use). Entire car will be wet sanded, clayed, polished, and ToughGuard sealed and will look even more fantastic than she does already. Mechanically she needs valve cover gaskets, a kickdown switch, motor mounts, and rear diff re-seal, which I am getting done next week.

I have $28K invested in the car; $25K for car/transport, plus $3K in the various work outlined above. Ideally I'd like to get $30K. Realistically I would like to get my money back out of this one-of-a-kind car. But I guess I'll see what the offers look like.

If you are interested or know someone that is, please let me know via email at brucem105@comcast.net or call 856-912-2600.

Thanks for looking, pics upon request.

Bruce

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.