LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1985 300 SD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: No recourse on bad treatment by vendor?

basix, thanks for your opinion.

However, this did not start a week ago and I wonder if you really have read all of the posts.

While to the casual reader who is not involved other than just reading for the sake of reading, it may seem trivial. To the one who got burned, it is not trivial.

As you may be able to tell, I am tenacious and truly believe in the adage of "the squeaking axle gets the grease".

Sure, it may seem tiring to you so, simply move on and don't read this. That would be the intelligent thing to do, don't you think?

To simply berate someone for trying to get a satisfactory resolution to a problem that they are having with a vendor, is EXACTLY why many folks tuck in their tales and say nothing. You do a disservice to customers and enable bad vendors and bad treatment by vendors.

Again, move on if you don't like the content.

Joe

Quote:
basix - 11/23/2005 12:02 AM

Jeeeez jbleaux, I'm new here and can't quite believe what’s happening with this thread. If you pay attention to the other boards you'll notice that "your" vendor is posting on /off since you started this and the past thread. If I were him at this point I don’t think I’d reply to you either. You seem to get major satisfaction of airing your dirty laundry in a public forum and trying to entice as many people as you can into your feeding frenzy, your “Parable of the sheep� post ( I hope you cut and pasted that cause to sit at a computer and type that all out seems, well ridiculous!) kinda gives a better picture of who Johnathan is dealing with, if I were Blue Ridge I’d avoid you like the plague at this point! Look, it’s the day before Thanksgiving, this started what a week ago? People get busy this time of year and you running this at 140mph up everybody’s ass is getting old as hell. Stop the bull shit, leave a voice mail and I’ll bet you get a reply, assuming you hide the key board- There has been nothing but good things said about Blue Ridge on this board. Chill out, it’s the holiday season, keep the good karma flowing and maybe Santa will put you on his “good boy list�

[;)]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

Bc2885.

You seem to like to blather without knowing what you are talking about or having the benefit of the facts.

I have made many attempts to communicate with Blue Ridge and still have no communication.

Like basix, why read something or this thread that seems too much for you to handle without becoming emotional?

Joe

Quote:
bc2885 - 11/24/2005 8:59 AM

Basix, that is one of the best posts ive read all year!! I love the Hide the keyboard phrase!! This guy should just call Blue ridge instead of practically writing a book sized post on what a bad guy someone is. [xx(][:(!][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][|)][|)][:X][:X][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][|)][V][V][?][?][?][?][?][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)]
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

brucemendel,

Unfortunately, it seems as though this is turning into a soap opera for other's enjoyment and their own 'pontificating'.

To those, I will stop responding because it serves no purpose except to tempt the ignition of a flamewar and that is now what I want or what any board needs.

After having tried many avenues of communication with Jonathan of Blue Ridge, pertaining to a recent shipment by him and a problem with it, I am simply trying this approach.

If it upsets you for someone to try to resolve an issue via this medium, why not just move on and let this either live on or die a natural death?

Joe

Quote:
brucemendel - 11/24/2005 9:00 AM

Amen Basix. I'm OK with using a public forum as a last resort to try and get a response, but I don't know that this dispute has run its course through normal means yet. Has it been that long with no resolution? And in spite of the claims of poor service there has been no formal request for a refund by the buyer's own admission?

I stopped taking this seriously after the "Parable of the Sheep". If someone wants to preach, there are plenty of forums for that. Let's stick to the topic here. This is ridiculous.....this is not a place to listen to yourself "talk".

Just the facts please; How much money is involved here, how long has it been, and what action has been taken? Without that basic info, the rest is just pointless pontificating.

Bruce
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 10:50 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 92/93 190E Sportline
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

jbleaux, how many readers/viewers do you think are seriously keeping up with this saga? The only thing this is good for at this point is a slight dose of mental masturbation! It’s become a joke.
I was in the Retail Automotive aftermarket in the early 90’s and have to say I’ve seen just about the entire range of customers/clients and the saying that the “customer is always right� NOT TRUE - Some customers you can never please, no matter what! Seems like you enjoy this to a degree or you wouldn’t waste your time everyday sitting at your computer waiting for replies to answer, get a grip. We all have heard your side of the story over and over and over again, time for you to move on. At least with this issue.
My last post on this issue!
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 11:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 560/sel/sec/Jag XJS

Quote:
basix - 11/24/2005 9:50 AM

jbleaux, how many readers/viewers do you think are seriously keeping up with this saga?
hahahahahahah...seems YOU are for one !!!!

If a vender screws over anyone...they screw us all.

Just my 2 cents.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

Basix,

I have no way of knowing how many people are keeping up with this thread.

If your crystal ball was not seriously flawed as evidenced by you posting many non sequiturs, I would suggest that you consult it. Now, I know that remark is a little sarcastic but really, I don't know and it is obvious that you know nothing about what has transpired.

It also SEEMS that you are carrying a chip on your shoulder from the days that you were in retail sales and issues with customers. Well, we have all had issues with surly and arrogant sales clerks, too.

I am gladdened to see that your last post, is, indeed, your last because it is teetering on the brink of a flame-war and none of us needs that.

I will just close with you by saying that as distasteful as it may be, if abused customers remain silent, it is tacit consent for vendors to continue to run roughshod over the ones who dare not speak out lest others attack the victim.

Have a great Thanksgiving and to anyone/everyone reading this thread. I am going to eat.

Joe

Quote:
basix - 11/24/2005 11:50 AM

jbleaux, how many readers/viewers do you think are seriously keeping up with this saga? The only thing this is good for at this point is a slight dose of mental masturbation! It’s become a joke.
I was in the Retail Automotive aftermarket in the early 90’s and have to say I’ve seen just about the entire range of customers/clients and the saying that the “customer is always right� NOT TRUE - Some customers you can never please, no matter what! Seems like you enjoy this to a degree or you wouldn’t waste your time everyday sitting at your computer waiting for replies to answer, get a grip. We all have heard your side of the story over and over and over again, time for you to move on. At least with this issue.
My last post on this issue!
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 03:32 PM
One of the BW Old Guard

Date registered: Aug 2004
Vehicle: 1988 560Sl
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:

Basix, that is one of the best posts ive read all year!! I love the Hide the keyboard phrase!! This guy should just call Blue ridge instead of practically writing a book sized post on what a bad guy someone is.
I do not think it would be book size if everyone was nt replying with inuendo, etc. Give all parties a break... The guy's post was innocent enough... just trying to use this avenue as a conduit for communication. The contrary posts have caused this thread to seem to be a witch hunt. He clearly stated he had trouble contacting by phone, e-mail and PM... what is left and why brow-beat anyone because of it?

Perhaps it would be best for this thread to be locked, as it has served its purpose...

I'm sure jonathon will contact and make things right... (I Liked the sheep allegory).

RM Smith www.rmsmithco.com

Where is it again that we are going... And why are we in a handbasket?
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

Thanks for the suggestion, MBZER.

I am not calling or hoping for a boycott however, that would, in very short order, teach this particular vendor -Blue Ridge- that they cannot take someones money, ship an inferior product and when that product is questioned, refuse to communicate in any form whatsoever.

If anyone wants to bare their teeth and put on wolve's clothing, it would be a bold step and this vendor (Blue Ridge) would never pull this again, I think.

Joe.

QUOTE]MBZER - 11/23/2005 9:41 PM

boycot.[/QUOTE]
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

MBZER,

With some who are intent on slamming the victim, I am amused to think that to own a Benz is no guarantee of intelligence.

You and other thinking folks, MBZER, know that to abuse one customer, is to abuse all customers. Sooner or later - it is the nature of the wolf to prey upon sheep who refuse to tell the wolf that they are not there to be eaten and provide food for the wolf.

Thank you for your comments and really see the forest in spite of the trees.

Joe

Quote:
MBZER - 11/24/2005 12:43 PM

Quote:
basix - 11/24/2005 9:50 AM

jbleaux, how many readers/viewers do you think are seriously keeping up with this saga?
hahahahahahah...seems YOU are for one !!!!

If a vender screws over anyone...they screw us all.

Just my 2 cents.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

Ears,

I appreciate your comments.
Comments like some of the negative ones, seem to be designed to denigrate the victim and cause to victim to start a flame war. They would be delighted with that.

It may be the intelligent thing to do and just quit but I didn't start this thread to let Blue Ridge get off and not have to account for their actions.

Jonathan of Blue Ridge is fully aware of this thread and if I quit now, it would be exactly like quitting the war in Iraq, obviously on a miniscule scale.

Each post about this, is an invitation for Jonathan of Blue Ridge to be mature, concerned and responsible and realize that his ego is costing him much more than he can afford, both in money and more importantly his self-respect - since he cannot look himself in the mirror and truly say to himself that he has really tried to be honest and forthright with his customers.

In another post, I will lay out how I would handle this if the situation were reversed. A warning goes to those who cannot handle what they read: Please skip reading all further posts about this subject or from me.

EARS, if I were as confident as you that Jonathan of Blue Ridge would contact me, this thread would end immediately. After many, many attempts to contact him, I will just plod along and hope that he sees that kicking the customer, is not a good thing to do.

Joe.

Quote:
Ears - 11/24/2005 4:32 PM

Quote:

Basix, that is one of the best posts ive read all year!! I love the Hide the keyboard phrase!! This guy should just call Blue ridge instead of practically writing a book sized post on what a bad guy someone is.
I do not think it would be book size if everyone was nt replying with inuendo, etc. Give all parties a break... The guy's post was innocent enough... just trying to use this avenue as a conduit for communication. The contrary posts have caused this thread to seem to be a witch hunt. He clearly stated he had trouble contacting by phone, e-mail and PM... what is left and why brow-beat anyone because of it?

Perhaps it would be best for this thread to be locked, as it has served its purpose...

I'm sure jonathon will contact and make things right... (I Liked the sheep allegory).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in