1986 560SEL

174k miles

Only 2 owners (one of which is me)

Runs well and looks great.

Original Thistle Green exterior
- Great condition, some nicks, scratches. Tiny bit of rust

Palomino Leather interior
- Great shape, clean, no rips

Fully loaded: All the options, all seats heated, original matching footrests, etc.

Currently located 2 hours north of NYC. All comments and questions welcome. Make an offer! [:)]

#6 ·
can we get the VIN to run a carfax on it?

the private party bluebook is 2650 in good condition; that seems low, though.

where is the rust? how much is a little bit?

has the rear suspension been looked over/rebuilt?

i know a lot of questions... gotta ask them![:)] you can pm me the details if you wish[:)]

#7 ·
VIN is WDBCA39DXGA268641

I am second owner, however, technically, the original owner's wife registered it under her company. But it was still owned by the couple.

In the last 5 years it was only driven about 4,000 or so miles per year. Most of the miles were put on by original owner early in it's life.

Rust is located in underside of left rear fender (thin patch running along the edge for about 2 inches). Also slight rusting on a corner of bottom rear windshield, and on front bumper crome area. Nothing that is out of control or could not be fixed easily.

Suspension has been looked at needs some maintenance, but nothing urgent. It is completely drivable as is, it is up to buyer if they want to bring it back up to its' original condition. If this is a major concern, I can arrange to have it taken care of.

I recommend a tune-up for the car, it has not been fully updated since a few years ago. It has been garaged for some years before my purchase. Nothing a mechanic (or experienced hobbist) could not take care of. Also, there is heat, but not out of the top vents. Strangely, it works by the feet and far left side. It has not been looked into but it could have something to do with the switches/controls/wiring.

Hope that helped and cleared up everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.