BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1985 300sd For Sale

For Sale 1985 Mercedes 300sd in Chicago, IL

Gray on Blue Leather

301k. This is a good running car that has had a lot of work performed recently.

Here is what was done:

Transmission Rebuilt @290k (car did sit for 2 years after rebuild)

The following was performed last month: 9/05

New Battery
New Glow Plug Relay
5 New Glow Plugs
Front Brakes – Rotors, Pads and Sensors
New Radiator and hoses
Oil Change
Air Filter
New Power Antenna

This is a good running car. I have been driving it for the past month and it has not let me down at all. It still has good power and the turbo kicks. This car has more power than my 84 300sd with half the miles!

The interior is really very nice. No rips or tears in the leather at all. I shampooed the rugs and they look great! All 4 windows and sunroof work fine! Original Becker Grand Prix works great! Both Power seats function in all directions. All gauges work except clock. Fuel gauge flutters, but does work. All exterior lights function, all gauge lights function some switches do not illuminate. This is one of the nicest interiors I have seen on a 300k car! I am always honest when I sell my cars so here is the list of what is wrong and needs to be repaired:

Vehicle has some rust. It was repainted once before, but rust came back where the doors meet the cladding and behind the rear wheels. I am not a body guy and have never owned a vehicle with any rust but it looks like it could be repaired.

The rear tires are shot, the fronts are very good. The wheels are in fair condition.

The power locks are inop…pump is n/g I have ordered one.

The A/C does not blow cold. It was converted professionally to 134a. The car sat for 2 years before I bought it so it likely needs a charge.
The heat works but blows from defroster only

Cruise is inop

Dash pad has cracks

This vehicle needs front end work. It could use ball joints, tie rods, and shocks.

Driver’s side hood latch spring is broken…a new latch has been ordered.

This would be an ideal vehicle to convert to WVO. I was going to do that, but Idecided to look for a 300td wagon to convert instead. I am just looking to get out what I have in the car. I will consider trades or partial trades of that nature...

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: