Date registered: Aug 2002
Location: CA USA / Aignon Greece
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FS: 300TDT Turbo Diesel Wagon, 88k actual miles
Home repairs force the sale of my wife's lovely car.
This is a 1982 300 Turbo Diesel Station Wagon.
It may be the only one in North America with under 90,000 actual miles. It has 88,523 ACTUAL MILES right now. I've only seen one other with 95k on ebay, went for $11,995 with ripped seats but was nice otherwise.
- Cream Yellow Color is all original
- Palamino MB-Tex in mint condition
- Matching headliner is original and mint condition
- no bodywork ever
- west coast car since new, 100% Rust free
- chrome shines like new
- underbody detailed every 3,000 mi.
- 14" alloys look great
- Large Factory Sunroof (manual sliding)
- Nice Alpine CD Stereo with removable face
- Boston Acoustics Dash Speakers (in stock location)
- Alpine Rear 6x9 Box Speakers in cargo area
- 3rd Row Seat (rear facing in cargo area floor)
- Kumho Tires fronts are 85% rears are 50%
- Rear suspension re-done in 2003
- Alternator rebuilt last year
- Water Pump and seals replaced last year
This car is a time warp. We've had a number of 123 sedans over the years and loved them all. After getting involved with 80 hour work weeks, and having no time for the fixing cars, we thought, we should get something new. Upon searching, there was little in the diesel car space we liked. Nothing matches the build quality of the 123 class, the world's taxi.
So we thought, well what if we could find one that was like new? Well 8 months of searching every week all over america, we found this one with 46,000 original miles. It was bought new in 1982 and stored in a temp/climate controlled garage. The car was in Las Vegas at the orig. owner's vacation home. This is why the seals are so good. Was never left in the sun or heat. It has no leaks and no wind noise at all. Tight as new.
A bit more on condition:
- no dash cracks
- seats are like day 1, no cracks, no holes, stains, nothing. No unevenness, no springy-ness.
- wood veneer trim in exc condition
- door panels are perfect
- power locks
- power windows
- Cruise Control rebuilt with orig VDO unit, works great
- Car fitted with A/C but I pulled the belt to have more torque (no need for A/C where we live). Can be easily hooked back up.
- Rear Axle using Amsoil Synth. 85-140
- Tranny filter and fluid MB factory ATF
- Pagid Brake Pads have 1200 miles on them
- All seals that needed replacement replaced
- Water Pump replaced
- Alternator rebuilt
- Oil changed with Chevron Delo every 3,000 mi.
- Factory Fuel Filters every 1,500 miles
- MAN oil filter
- Recent Air Filter
- Valves Adjusted every 10,000 to factory svc manual specs.
- Driveshaft and CVs lubed every 3,000 mi.
- Replaced Fuel Lines
- Replaced tranny kick down switch
- Usually pesky 123 vaccum system has been completely redone, all new tubing, many new connectors, and new check valves.
- No Blow by at all on this car.
- Glow Plugs Replaced last year
- Bosch injectors replaced 2003
- Engine Block Heater works great. (has 110V plug)
Pretty much if any part looked tired at any time, the part was replaced. When I did any work on the car, everything that was touched was cleaned. No expense or time spared on this.
We'll be getting some photos of scanned into the laptop tomorrow. Please email for more details to email@example.com
If you are looking for what is most likely the lowest actual mile all original MB turbo wagon, this most likely is it.
Call for details or email.
415 609 2467
if you get my vm, leave a clear message and I will call you back.
Hard to say what it is worth. Because there are not any comparable wagons for sale on the market. The one I mentioned above is the only one close that I've seen in 2 years.
So I guess we'll just say, best offer over $10k
Car is located in San Francisco Area (north of city)