Watch out for scammers!! - Page 7 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 07:24 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 2004 E500 4matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just want to say thanks to all you guys on this site. Not only have you helped me fix my air conditioner you just saved my friend from getting scammed.

She was sent an email that looks alot like the ones listed above, basically the seller wants to send more money so the difference can be sent to a shipping company.

Although she wont lose any money, she did send the guy her home address! i've told her to report the guy to yahoo as he is using one of their email addressess.
Sponsored Links
post #62 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 10:38 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz S320
Angry MercedesWerks in Wisconsin are "Scammers" !!

Do not deal with this Scumbag, Scammer - Ed Graff, Owner of
MercedesWerks in Wisconsin. This guy has ripped-off many,
many, Mercedes owners. The local Wisconsin Police, BBB, and
Dept. of Consumer Affairs are watching him - if he's even still
in Business. He also sells on EBay.

He's a Lying, Theiving, Con-man!
post #63 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
I had this scammer write me on my 1968 Chevy Caprice. he wanted to send me $5,000 and I only asked for $3,500 in my ad. I told him to send the check, once I cash it and it clears, I would send the remainder of the money to his 3rd party somewhere in to say, he didn't like that deal and stop responding.

how stupid do they think a person is to send their car FIRST and wait on some money?

Last edited by benz rider; 10-06-2008 at 01:31 PM.
post #64 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 05:45 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 06 E350

If you guys are interested in a bit of sport with scammers..check out Its good for a couple of laughs and gives you the inside track on how to really work these guys. That is of course if you are really bored and feel inclined to do so.
post #65 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 12:00 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 98c230 & 98c43
Request to the mods/admins:

Please, throw up a 100 post requirement before allowing members to sell stuff. Scammers are all around, especially in these tough times, and buyers run a higher risk getting scammed by these idiots.
post #66 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 07:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 300SD
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
I guess one simple way to avoid these scams is to simply do transactions in cash only for items less than about $ 5K. That is what I will do with the motorcycle I want to sell. Bring the cash to my door or no bike. I have sold several things, including my boat this way. No problems.

Be aware of buying on Ebay as well. About two years ago I bid about $ 35k on a small new motorhome, but the reserve was about$ 3k higher, so I did not get it. The next day I get an email from some guy who claims that he is the seller of this motorhome and that he is willing to sell it for my high bid of $35k. He also stated that the motorhome will be shipped from Michigan to Florida free and if I am not satisfied with my purchase, he will refund all of my money. He asked me for my personal data to "complete the transaction". That raised my suspicion because no RV dealer in their right mind would volunteer to ship a motorhome free from Michigan to Florida unless he was making a lot of money on it. In this case, he was selling the motorhome basically at cost, because it was a new left over 2005 model, and I know what the MSRP on this model was. So I called the dealership number listed in the eBAy auction and they confirmed that they never contacted me and that the "seller" was a scam artist.

Can you imagine wiring someone like this scumbag $ 35K, to never hear from him again? Unfortunately, there are naive people out there who would do just that.

Last edited by p100; 01-24-2009 at 07:28 PM.
post #67 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 04:13 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Mar 2009
I had a guy in the Indioniesia that wanted to sell me a Gullwing for $12,000. Maybe you would see a price like that in 1970, but not last summer. The real give-a-way was a freshly taken photo that was "snatched" from a renowned Gullwing restorer in the states who was also selling it, at the same time, for a "few hundred thousand" more. Then there was a under carriage photo he sent of the "Gullwing" that showed a rear muffler with dual exhaust. In the backgound was a compensating spring arching accross the differential like you might see under a 1969 280 SE. But, I imagine most people who can afford a Gullwing don't spend to much time under cars, so maybe he found a buyer (or several). Careful out there. We all are looking for that one great deal, but if it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck.
post #68 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 11:22 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Mar 2009
Send a message via MSN to yoyo-anyscancn Send a message via Yahoo to yoyo-anyscancn Send a message via Skype™ to yoyo-anyscancn
Wink such low price

hi ,why the cars in your country are cheaper then here ,i just have a benz scanner for good price ,hehe~~
post #69 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 01:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1982 240d, 2007 e350
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by yoyo-anyscancn View Post
hi ,why the cars in your country are cheaper then here ,i just have a benz scanner for good price ,hehe~~
speaking of scams/spam

1982 240d Light Ivory-623.
190,000 miles (as of September 15, 2008)
188,000 miles (as of March 18, 2008)
185,000 miles (as of February 21, 2008)
183,000 miles (as of October 29, 2007)
post #70 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 04:48 PM
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: May 2005
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Got one going now, on an $800 semi parts car! I've asked for a "good faith" deposit, don't see that happening any time soon. It's entertainment. I want to touch and see a bogus check, learn if there is anyway to tell without actually depositing it (a deposit is not going to happen either).

79 6.9
83 280SL 5 spd. Euro
94 E320 new DD
94 E320 (future 5 spd?)
95 E320 wagon
95 E320 sedan (on loan to mom!)
95 E320 sedan (parting out, 98K miles)
87 300E, 5 spd. conversion (sold)
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: