LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 08:01 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: SLK280 Mars Red
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Watch out for scammers!!

This is happen to me. I called FBI while i'm deal with the scammer, and FBI didn't take it serious. They said: if you don't loose anything yet, you can't not report.....I kind of suprised. Another thing is you can deposit the check to the bank and the bank have noways to verify the check is real or fake until the check return back to them.... That's kind of stupid from the bank....So watch out...nobody have that extra money to send you.....
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 03:21 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Mar 2006

Im Glad that I wasnt the only one with the same issues. I am selling a set of Carlsson wheels and I got a few emails which showed remarkable interest for them. I was so happy and replied my terms of shipping,price, etc..But then I had a strange reply stating that they are willing to pay double the Price and send the difference from the money sent, to a private shipper. They also asked me for my Name, adress and phone number. Something this good gave me all the wrong signals. Of course I didnt give them any of my info but I did gave them an alternative as of how we can do business my way, I never heard from them again.. Kinda scarry how people in other parts of the world do nothing but mine information from you to do scams. It jus kills everything!! ;(

post #23 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 05:41 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Mar 2006
Send a message via AIM to Roverrad95

The best ones are when you are buying a car that is valued at $50,000 and they only want 20 and free shipping from England. The guy told me that I needed to send a cashier's check and he will not cash it until I receive the car. When I told him no, he would only do it throgh square trade. I told him forget it.
post #24 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 06:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 97 W140 S320, 1993 W140 300SE (RIP), 2000 W208 CLK 320, 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Sherri Murray <> wrote:

My name is Sherri Murray,I have a client that is interested...

Yep. Got all this during the sale of my first S-Class. First off - WHO out of us HIRE someone to shop for them a car, wheels, ect.? The second you see, "My client is interested", hit delete. Last month I was deleted to be informed by a lawyer that I was the last surving relative of a Swedish BILLIONAIRE, the lawyer had to dispburse the money or the government was about to confiscate the money. Plus, there was a percentage for him, and we could help each other, I only had to say "X" in front of "the board", yada yada yada. I wrote back that the board's jaw would probably drop to the floor when a BLACK GUY from KENTUCKY walked in to claim his great uncle's money. Hahahaha! [:p][8D][|)]

The Mighty AckVig
1997 W140 S320 SWB (RIP)
1993 W140 300SE SWB (RIP)
1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP)
2000 W208 CLK 320
post #25 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 09:38 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: CLK 430
Send a message via AIM to Motivation

Yea, there are alot of these out there, just check everything out thoughouly

CLK 430

19" Davin Floating Rims (With Black Screens), Kenwood Excelon High Definition Touch Screen DVD Player, 6.5" Benz Star In Black Grill, AMG Affalterbach Flat Hood Emblem, Billet Lower Grill, 30,000K H.I.D.'s ( Yea That's right, They're Purple-White), Polished Mercedes-Benz Door Sills, Chrome CLK Interior Badging, 3% Window Tint All Around, Shaved Rear Emblems & Disabled City Lights
post #26 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 12:56 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 1983 300SD,2002 ML500,(MBCA Member)
Send a message via Yahoo to srsomasundaram Send a message via Skype™ to srsomasundaram

And there was this email from Matt Smith looking for escrow agents, for a well-known Group of companies;
It is a part time job, with 5-7 hours of work; the job comes with decent salary, commission, health care benef, Paid annual vacation, a UPS account etc.etc.
There was no telephone number or postal address of Matt Smith.
In a subsequent email, he said I would be working under a Regional Office from Nige...
I asked for Matt Smiths telephone number to find out what was going on but never heard from him afterwards....

1983 300SD (250K Miles) ==>Astral Silver on Black MB Tex;
2002 ML500 (120K Miles) ==>Silver on Black Leather Interior:Sport Pkg;

post #27 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 09:30 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Apr 2006

BrentGroth - 12/7/2005 8:49 PM

Yeh, I had a guy in the Indioniesia that wanted to sell me a Gullwing for $12,000. Maybe you would see a price like that in 1970, but not last summer. The real give-a-way was a freshly taken photo that was "snatched" from a renowned Gullwing restorer in the states who was also selling it, at the same time, for a "few hundred thousand" more. Then there was a under carriage photo he sent of the "Gullwing" that showed a rear muffler with dual exhaust. In the backgound was a compensating spring arching accross the differential like you might see under a 1969 280 SE. But, I imagine most people who can afford a Gullwing don't spend to much time under cars, so maybe he found a buyer (or several). Careful out there. We all are looking for that one great deal, but if it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck.
ah yes, this is the same scam profiled in Sports Car Market magazine from a few months back. it continues to prove that old adage: if it sounds too good to be true...

time to unpimp ze auto!
post #28 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 10:06 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1970 250c, 300e amg
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
speaking of scams.....

michael medill from portland oregan is the biggest scammer of them all.... buy nothing from this theif
post #29 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 02:14 PM
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: Jul 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Most of the scammer e-mails are written in very stilted English.

I was hit with one of these attempted scams. I recruited my friends in law enforcement and we yanked this guy's chains for a couple of weeks, asking him for additional information, copies of documents, etc.

In a sense we turned the tables on him.

At the end, however, he got wise and just vanished. Too bad!!!

Last edited by 67_250SE; 05-30-2006 at 02:16 PM.
post #30 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:48 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 92 300E 4Matic, 83 380SL
All too familiar!!! I posted my '83 380SL for sale on and all I ever got were e-mails with the same story-- most involved some sort of "wedding present" angle, the writer represented some other buyer who was too preoccupied with "business" to shop for the car himself. All claimed to originate in Canada, although I doubt it-- the skill displayed with written English was indicative of either non-native speakers or very small children. I saved most of the e-mails for my personal amusement.

Please, don't EVER accept a cashier's check for more than the amount of your vehicle, unless the funds can be verified prior to shipment of your merchandise. Call the bank listed on the check-- provide them the check number printed on the front, and ask if the funds are available. This is, of course, if the check is even believable. If the amount line reads something like this:

...and is written in purple crayon, do yourself a favor-- frame it, hang it upon your wall, and look it over from time to time for laughs.

"Form follows function."
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: