I have here a 1979 Mercedes 280e in decent shape for its age. This car was a beast but has not been driven for approx. 10 months due to a blown headgasket and, as I am a poor college student, I need to get rid of this car (its been sitting for too long and i just dont have the $ needed to fix it).
Known issues with this car:
- Blown headgasket (needs to be replaced)
- One headlight on the drivers side needs replacing (see pics)
- Over the winter the windows leaked... water got in and there is mold on the floor of the backseat (see pics)
- The air conditioning does not work... but thats what windows are for
- Weatherstipping on the front doors (both sides) was falling off as it was 25+ years old. I used Gorilla Glue to keep the stipping in place (see pics)
- There are minor areas of rust around the wheel areas (see pics) but to be fair this car is 25+ years old and this is the original paint job
Possible Issues with the car:
- As this is a 25+ year old car the original electrical system is still in place. This may have to be looked at.
This car currently does not drive so it would have to be picked up and towed to your location. This was a great car and I got much use out of it during the 2 years that I have had it. This would make an excellent project car for someone who collects/repiars old/classic cars.
for more recent pics check out the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4567927348&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1