(Thread Starter)
FS 1981 500SE *SoCal* $2200

1981 mercedes benz 500se
4 wheel disc brakes
less than 110,000 miles
direct import from germany
4 door

$2,200 obo

i have for sale a 1981 500se direct import from germany. since its a direct import, everythings in kilometers in the guage cluster. it has under 110,000 miles on it and its an automatic.

the body is really good for its age. no rust that i can see like under the wheel wells or down along the bottom of the doors. there arent any accidents on it and everything is nice and straight. the only bad thing about the body is that the clear coat is fading in some places but id assume youd paint it anyways. the car drives straight and doesnt leak any water. the color is grey all around.

the inside isnt as great as the outside. the plastic trim aourn the doors and B-pilar are a bit cracked in some places and there are some minor tears here and there. i believe theres a crack on the dash towards the driverside by the speaker grill. the seats in the back have no rips at all but just looked used. the fronts seats have seat covers on them that match the interior but i think the original driver seat had a rip. the driver door is the only one you can unlock with the key. all the other door you have to go in the driverside and open the door to unlock them. heard it had something to do with vacum??? the interior is like a beige color and the seat covers are a off white wool.

the engine pulls nice and strong. it runs on gasoline and is non forced induction(not sure what they use to have back then if they even had forced induction) the only bad thing from it being a direct import is that it has a smaller radiator so it cant disapate heat as fast. i wouldnt suggest driving it in stop and go traffic but my dad has tried that a few times and the tempeture guage goes almost to the top, like 80% of the way but then stops and the car runs fine. maybe the guage is off. we just got brand new tires like 4 months ago but since we hardly ever drive the car, it probably has like less than 1000 miles on the tires since 4 months ago. we usually take it out on weekends to get groceries. the car goes straight and rides smooth. its not bouncy. theres power mirrors but no power windows or doorlocks. theres power steering. i have no idea how to read the knobs for the AC but i cant get it to blow cold so im guessing it doesnt work but air does blow out. i just dont know how to read the knobs to set it correctly. the heater works!

i hope i didnt miss anything. basically the car is in fair condition from what i just listed above. ive only mentioned the things that arent in perfect order or general things that should be mentioned. little minor things that i didnt mention are in good working order. if you have a specific question, let me know and ill try to answer it to the best of my abilites. im not a mercedes fan, so i dont know too much about them but i do know a few things about cars so please dont ask if the grill is a special edition blah blah blah...i wont know. but if you want to ask if the struts are blown, which they arent, ill know stuff like that.

id say this is a good project car to restore or a good parts car to strip down and sell the parts.

i will NOT part the car.

email me or call me if you have any questions.

the car is in SoCal where the 60fwy and 57fwy meet in zip 91748. please email me or call me if you have questions. i dont know how offten i will remember to check this site so for a quick response email or call me.

thanks for looking,

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: