Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to nukblazi
(Thread Starter)
2002 C230 Sports Coupe; K23 & More

2002 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport Coupe

M111 2.3l motor w/ 6 Speed Transmission; Brilliant Silver with Charcoal leather
C7 Package; 17" wheels, color matched door handles, and OEM short throw shifter
C2 Cold Weather Package; Heated Seats, Headlamp washers, heated mirors and door locks.
C5 Premium Package; panoramic roof, bose stereo, 6 disk changer, etc.) The car has 63K.

Between maintenance and aftermarket parts I have put more than $15k into this car. The car sticker was ~$31,5K, it has lo-jack and a wheel warranty (flat tires, curbed wheels, etc.) can be replaced at no charge. I have all original purchase information, papers, window sticker and maintenance records. I even have the first CEC Wheels aftermarket brochure I received immediately after purchasing the car. I am generically asking $20k obo for the car and all spares, specialty tools, etc. I would be willing to consider any reasonable offers.

This car is extremely clean and well sorted. Sorted meaning all the OEM sensors that would fail have done so already and been replaced with proper working parts. Also the suspension has been meticulasly dialed in for the best possible performance on the street or track. The original transmission had a problem with the #2 syncro from new and eventually failed, the entire transmission was replaced at 51K miles. The pinion gear, broke at 45K and was replace with a new unit. The original had a manufacturing process problem, and many coupe are experiencing this damage at 40 -45K. All suspension arms / bushings have been updated within the past 25K including control arms/bushings and lower control arms/bushings, sway bar endlinks are new, front upper strut bearings are new, two weeks ago I replaced the tie-rods and front wheel bearings left and right… Service was just performed about 1.5 months ago as well, new trans and diff fluid put in. It has not been tracked since.

It’s completely stock except for a Momo Competition shift knob. Very very clean, it is in perfect condition.

The car is fitted with the Brabus chin spoiler. It’s a beautiful addition to the otherwise stock look. I also replaced the amber side markers with clear lens and amber bulbs. The paint and body is in near perfect condition. There are rock chips on the hood, but you need to really look to see them. I mean really look. There is also a very small chip on the drivers side quarter panel, no dent, just a paint chip. On the passengers A pillar there are two small chips and again, no ding. You can’t see it at all…

Kleemann alloy overboost pulley; Kleemann/Unorthodox Racing lightweight flywheel, racing clutch, and HD pressure plate, Green wire-mesh /cotton filter, and Eisenmann Race catback w/83mm tips. I have a custom intake with aluminum housing and cone filter that is only installed for track days.

KW Suspension Variant 2 coilovers height and rebound adjustable, adjustable Eibach swaybars, custom adjustable rear camber and trailing arms

StopTech Stage 2 kit; Slotted rotors (new, installed Saturday) with corrosion coating, stainless steal braided lines & 5 week old Porterfield R4S (sport) pads. (Have spare OEM front rotors, new porterfield rear pads & Raybestos ST-43 race pads with 1 event on them)

The car currently has Flik Lex split 5 spoke wheels (18lbs) on it (17x8) with new 235/40/17 Toyo RA-1 tires. Tires have about 500 miles on them and have not been tracked yet. I have the stock C7 (7 spoke) wheels with ½ used but hard Toyo RA-1s on them (tires need to be replaced or tire softener could be used to extend life. The Toyo RA-1s are a DOT approved race tire. These are awesome tires and are very expensive, typically 200+ each.

Note to the interested; 2002 was the first year for the C230 Sport Coupe, it was also the only year the car came with the 2.3l cast iron motor. The 2003+ really have a 1.8l alum. block. The 2.3l -motor is much more tunable and drivable. There were not many of these sold in this configuration and my guess is one day this will be a collectable car. The only reason I am selling is because I have a full race 1991 E30 and I just bought a Yukon to tow it to the track with. I don't need two race cars. No accidents, not one, not ever. 1 Owner, never smoked in.

For the car, as is and with all spare parts and specialty (MB) tools I am asking $20K obo. Like I said this is a very clean car and the entire suspension has been rebuilt with new OEM arms and bushing + aftermarket bits. The car is a solid handling car putting down ~200 whp (underestimating) with intake on.

Tom Miller

I have a million and one images of this car. Please email me and I will respond with large close ups of all parts of the car in zip files.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 56_1522021_712005105251PM.jpg (23.0 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg 56_1522021_712005105426PM.jpg (23.0 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg 56_1522021_712005110050PM.jpg (26.2 KB, 182 views)

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Feb 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to nukblazi
(Thread Starter)
RE: 2002 C230 Sports Coupe; K23 & More

ebay link;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6334&item=45597742 34&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: