LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Apr 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
fs: 1987 300td in CA

87 Mercedes 300td turbo-diesel wagon located in California.

This is a W124 body style wagon with a 6 cyl Turbo-diesel engine and automatic transmission. Mercedes only imported these to the US for one year so they are hard to find. More power than the 5 cyl W123 but the same good fuel economy. This one has the fold down rear seat that allows seating for 5 adults in the front and two children in the rear.

It has 303k miles but was obviously taken very good care of and doesn't burn any oil. It runs very well, starts right up, and is extremely comfortable on the freeway.

The interior is in great shape, with the exception being two small tears in the driver's seat. It has a power sunroof, CD player, power windows and locks, and power seat controls with memory settings.

The exterior has some peeling clearcoat on the hood but otherwise is also in nice shape.

I just noticed yesterday that the left headlight is out and it does have a small hydraulic fluid leak from the self leveling pump. I believe the leak is due to a bad seal in the pump. The fix is either a new pump for $350 or buy a rebuild kit for $50 and rebuild it yourself. I would do it myself but recently had surgery on my hand and haven't recuperated enough to do it.

Overall, this a very nice car that has close to the same space as an SUV but gets 27 to 30 mpg. It will also run on biodiesel thus reducing your need for foreign oil (Or domestic oil for that matter) and reducing your contribution to global warming. I have recently changed the oil and fuel filters and have extra filters for the next change.

I'm asking $7,000 and can be reached at 510-593-8697.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: