New Mosselman Turbo kit for Mercedes W124 R107 300CE 300SL E320 24V M104 Engine - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 10:23 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jul 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Dan!

I wonder if you still have the turbokit??
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 04:16 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Nov 2009

is the twin turbo kit still available? Pls email me at

if not, would u know anyone who has one for sale?

Many thanks
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 09:39 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 96 C36, 87 Turbo'd 190E 2.3-16, 86 SC'd 190E 2.3-16, Brabus'd C32
4 year old thread.

87 190E 2.3-16 Cosworth- Track car-Getrag, short shift, delrin, 95a poly, Euro'd, 2 tone Recaros, custom suspension, EFI w/ Megasquirt, cast iron headers, Garrett turbo...
86 190E 2.3-16 Cossie-Old beater Getrag, slammed on BBS' Mosselman ECU, Eaton M62 SC
03 C32 ///AMG - Daily- designo edition, command, fulll Brabus CF interior, CF lips mirrors spoilers ect, and enough engine mods to destroy 911's
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 06:02 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: W123 Turbo Gasoline Carlsson
Send a message via MSN to eurotuningcr
Turbo kit

Originally Posted by 300cePutterMcGavin View Post
I'm interested can you give me some specs and pics of all the parts. Also how difficult would this be to fit. I'm plenty capable, but I just want to make sure I don't have to rent out a garage to do this! Also would you recommend rebuilding the engine of a 300ce with 129k miles? The thing runs increbily strong and has been well maintained, but I don't want to blow it out. Similarly would I need to rebuild it if I was just running low boost of around 7-9 psi? I'm very interested in this system! Let me know, Thanks, James
These kits are not that simple to install, theres lots of factors that you need to consider, i dont see how the exhaust and intake manifolds are fitting the same in both engines, you need to up-grade the head engine gasket, ARP bolts, fuel management and LOTS LOTS of time in setting, i understand that this is a kit but its not that simple, specially on mercedes that everything has to be custom made, i have an excellent book named Maximum Boost, i will e-mail it to you if your thinking in doing your engine turbocharged. The rule says that if you have a car that is 3 Lts when you boost 14,7 psi (1 bar) youre engine transforms into a (3000cc X 1,6) 4,8 lt, which means that you have to feed more and better youre car with gasoline, at this point your intake, exhaust, cooling systems, doesent match the need of the engine, thats is when the engines got broken, per bad or poor settings.

Adolfo Malavassi
W123 230e Turbo Gasoline
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 08:51 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jan 2010
Vehicle: 300E Turbo
wow.....old thread alright lol.

You can run these kits on stock engines @ 5-7psi without a rebuild! Been done before. Tried & proven! That's only 250ish HP?

Head gaskets I believe (don't quote me) were better in later model M103's? The original M103's were terrible (gaskets)

There are members such as RYBCC that are running upwards to 400hp (don't quote me) on stock 2nd hand engines with 7psi for 10's of 1000's of miles with no hickups.

Absolutely correct though it's all about the AFM/engine management etc as with any turbocharged car. Especially due to stock CR.

Merc 300E - project
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: