Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

ABC Warning

967 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bobterry99 
#1 ·
I recently had a expansion line with the canister replace my 2003 SL500 by my Indy. I was driving the vehicle and notice that it was leaking when I pull in garage. I took it to my Indy and he stated that it was the line and the canister that connects to the ABC pump. He purchased a Star Diagnostic so he could bleed the system after the repair. After replacing the line and the canister and conducting rodeo to bleed the system the vehicle struts are stuck and will no lower and the ABC warning light is on in the instrument cluster. Vehicle is stuck at it tallest height and will not raise or lower when pressing button on the console or when the vehicle is idle. He mentioned that he check the pressure release switch and they were working. He also expressed that he believe that switch isn't opening valve to release fluid out the struts. While conducting the rodeo, he said that all side would lower except the passenger front which would only lower a little. Does anybody has any ideas, comments, or suggests to what the problem maybe? Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
If your Indy has a SDS he should be using it to diagnose the problem. It should be logging some error codes to give him a direction to go. Hopefully he used the bleed valves to to get rid of any air in the system after replacing the parts and putting new pentosin in the system. I recently replaced my front accumulators and rebuilt my front valve block and I couldn't get rodeo to run until I bled the lines.

#4 ·
He also expressed that he believe that switch isn't opening valve to release fluid out the struts.
If the ABC controller is reading low system pressure it will not release fluid from the struts -- just as you describe.

Have your man use the fault codes reported by Star Diagnosis to guide his troubleshooting by following the procedures prescribed by the software. I suppose he is charging you little or nothing as he goes through this learning process; if not, then as another poster mentioned I suggest you take the car to someone with more experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.