Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Just thinking of getting 2007 SL550

28K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  tonylinc 
#1 ·
Hello All;

We own three cars already (work horses - jeep for winder, toyata for around town, and cadillac for fun). I am seriously looking at a SL550 2007. Worse thing about it and it is almost in beautiful perfect shape is the front rims are a bit scratched and it has high miles (104k).

I was wondering what the major pitfalls are with a car like this. I loved it on the test drive. And the price is perfect at under 20k. I know insurance and repairs on this beast will be plenty; however, that is not my biggest fear. I know old Mercs drove for millions of miles with little issues; how are the newer cars also as reliable and long lasting as their predecessors?

I really think it is an amazing car; I just don't want to drown in repair bills.

Thanks,
Tamer

PS: 1 previous owner and everything including detailing done on a very regular basis.

#3 ·
The miles don't scare me, but the care and service records would if not complete. This is a one owner car, from someone who loved it.
If well kept, the repairs will be manageable to afford. If not, expect $3-4K annual average. DIY would be ~1K/year for you to wrench it.

In return you get a comfortable, fast, styling supercar, at a bargain price. That's the trade you make with the SL.
Good luck on your decision.

#5 ·
Not Flipping and have carfax

Hello all;

Thank you for the many replies with different perspectives. I have the carfax. Can I post it on here or is that frowned upon? Perhaps looking through that you can see more clearly the history of this vehicle and let me know if it is a good deal. I really loved driving this car and enjoy its look and strength and agility. It is like a tank on speed. I love it.

Thanks again for all your responses.
Tamer Ziady

PS: I don't want a Mustang or vette or any other similar convertible. The only other thing would be a BMW or another MB.

#6 ·
About 1 year ago I purchased a 2007 SL550 from CarMax with 43k miles and I love the car. You will want to be sure that the ABC has been serviced. Open the cap and see what color the fluid is and be sure it has had the fluid replaced. Also look for any sign of sagging suspension when parked for a while. ABC repairs can be very expensive if not maintained.

#9 ·
Personally, I'd avoid a MY2007 xx550. The engine may susceptible to failure of the timing chain idler sprocket gear. This is the V8 engine's equivalent to "Balance Shaft Failure" in the V6. Do a search for that and you'll fined the details. With the VIN, I can lookup the engine serial number and tell you if it's in the range for that possibility. They solved it about halfway through the MY2007 build. With 100K+ miles, it probably would have failed by now, if it were going to.

Even if the engine is good, you still have to worry about the transmission. Early 722.9 transmissions were very trouble prone. First of all, the speed sensor in the conductor plate almost always fails and it's a $1400 dealer-only job. The torque converters were also bad to wear and dirty the fluid. Finally, the fluid pump used a sleeve bearing which gets noisy. I think was later in MY2009 or MY2010 where they went with a needle bearing in the pump. That's not a real issue, just noisy.

If your budget allows, look for a MY2009. You'll get the front facelift, plus built-in Bluetooth hands-free and SD-card/HDD music register and a better engine/transmission. Better yet, look for a MY2011/MY2012 (there was no MY2010 produced). They revised some ABC components in those that make it more reliable.

#29 ·
Personally, I'd avoid a MY2007 xx550. The engine may susceptible to failure of the timing chain idler sprocket gear. This is the V8 engine's equivalent to "Balance Shaft Failure" in the V6. Do a search for that and you'll fined the details. With the VIN, I can lookup the engine serial number and tell you if it's in the range for that possibility. They solved it about halfway through the MY2007 build. With 100K+ miles, it probably would have failed by now, if it were going to.

Even if the engine is good, you still have to worry about the transmission. Early 722.9 transmissions were very trouble prone. First of all, the speed sensor in the conductor plate almost always fails and it's a $1400 dealer-only job. The torque converters were also bad to wear and dirty the fluid. Finally, the fluid pump used a sleeve bearing which gets noisy. I think was later in MY2009 or MY2010 where they went with a needle bearing in the pump. That's not a real issue, just noisy.

If your budget allows, look for a MY2009. You'll get the front facelift, plus built-in Bluetooth hands-free and SD-card/HDD music register and a better engine/transmission. Better yet, look for a MY2011/MY2012 (there was no MY2010 produced). They revised some ABC components in those that make it more reliable.

Wondering if you might comment on whether the extremely low mileage of 28k, on the '07 SL550 I'm considering purchasing is really as good as it seems? Or does a car wear out even if it's not used?

#10 ·
VIN: WDBSK71F77F122245

I am unable to upload the carfax.html (file provided by the dealer). I can copy and past it; however, it does not give any formating. Can someone suggest an easier way? I do not have a link. The VIN is included above in the title of this post. Anyway, here is the past of the html (non-coded):

CARFAX History-Based Retail Value
$27,670
TAP TO VIEW DETAILS
This CARFAX Report Provided by:
Baierl Honda
CARFAXVehicle History Report™
2007 MERCEDES-BENZ SL550
VIN: WDBSK71F77F122245
ROADSTER
No accident/damage reported No accident / damage reported to CARFAX
2 previous owners 2 Previous owners
Service information available 21 Service history records
Registered as a personal vehicle Types of owners: Personal lease, Personal
Vehicle registration information Last owned in Florida
Last reported odometer reading/mileage 104,864 Last reported odometer reading
This CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. Other information about this vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use this report as one important tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.

CARFAX Title History
CARFAX guarantees the information in this section
Salvage | Junk | Rebuilt | Fire
Flood | Hail | Lemon Guaranteed
No Problem
Not Actual Mileage | Exceeds Mechanical Limits Guaranteed
No Problem
GUARANTEED - None of these major title problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If you find that any of these title problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. View Terms
CARFAX Additional History
Not all accidents / issues are reported to CARFAX
Total Loss
No total loss reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported
Structural Damage
No structural damage reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported
Airbag Deployment
No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported
Odometer Check
No indication of an odometer rollback. No Issues Indicated
Accident / Damage
No accidents or damage reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported
Manufacturer Recall
Check with an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer for any open recalls. No Recalls Reported
CARFAX Detailed History
Owner 1
Purchased: 2006 Personal lease vehicle
6,605 mi./yr
Mileage: Source: Comments:
5/13/06
US Customs Vehicle exported from
Germany
and imported to
Baltimore, MD
7/6/06
36 mi.
Michigan
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Rochester, MI
Title #168T1870088 Title or registration issued
First owner reported
Titled or registered as personal lease vehicle
11/22/06
Michigan
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Rochester, MI
10/23/07
Michigan
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Rochester, MI
10/24/08
15,220 mi.
Online Listing Vehicle offered for sale
10/27/08
15,224 mi.
Inspection Station Passed emissions inspection

Low mileage! This owner drove less than the industry average of 15,000 miles per year.

Owner 2
Purchased: 2008 Personal vehicle
11,716 mi./yr
Mileage: Source: Comments:
10/31/08
15,307 mi.
Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept. Vehicle purchase reported
11/3/08
Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept. Vehicle purchase reported
11/3/08
Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Wexford, PA
Title #66577495TE01 Title issued or updated
New owner reported
11/5/08
Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mars, PA
Title #66577495SC02 Title issued or updated
Loan or lien reported
5/5/09
20,949 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
724-935-9300 Light bulb(s) replaced
6/11/09
22,407 mi.
Prestige Motors Inc.
Paramus, NJ
201-265-7800 Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
9/30/09
Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mars, PA
Title #66577495SC02 Registration issued or renewed
10/21/09
25,962 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
724-935-9300 Wiper(s) replaced
1/26/10
28,189 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
724-935-9300 Vehicle serviced
6/2/10
31,980 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
10/4/10
Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mars, PA
11/2/10
37,193 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
2/4/11
39,560 mi.
Mercedes-Benz of South Orlando
Orlando, FL
407-367-2700 Outside door handle replaced
7/13/11
46,238 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
10/6/11
Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mars, PA
11/9/11
51,073 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
6/28/12
57,051 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
724-935-9300 Engine checked
Transmission checked
7/10/12
57,333 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
724-935-9300 Washed/detailed
9/7/12
61,025 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
724-935-9300 Washed/detailed
10/4/12
Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mars, PA
10/25/12
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
724-935-9300 Recommended maintenance performed
Transmission checked
Emissions or safety inspection performed
12/13/12
61,819 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
Washed/detailed
2/19/13
64,703 mi.
Euro Motorcars Germantown
Germantown, MD
301-601-5500 Washed/detailed
10/7/13
Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Mars, PA
Title #6657749502 SC Registration issued or renewed
10/23/13
72,749 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
Washed/detailed
10/28/14
85,714 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
Washed/detailed
7/22/15
89,937 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
9/26/15
94,494 mi.
Prestige Motors Inc.
Paramus, NJ
201-265-7800 Vehicle serviced
11/4/15
96,186 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
Four wheel alignment performed
Rear brake pads replaced
12/15/15
98,470 mi.
Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Cape Canaveral, FL
Title #0121261217 Title issued or updated
Registration issued or renewed
Titled or registered as
personal vehicle
Registration updated when owner moved
the vehicle to a new location
Vehicle color noted as Silver
6/21/16
104,864 mi.
Bobby Rahal Motorcar Co.
Wexford, PA
Tire condition and pressure checked

Low mileage! This owner drove less than the industry average of 15,000 miles per year.

Glossary
First Owner
When the first owner(s) obtains a title from a Department of Motor Vehicles as proof of ownership.
New Owner Reported
When a vehicle is sold to a new owner, the Title must be transferred to the new owner(s) at a Department of Motor Vehicles.
Ownership History
CARFAX defines an owner as an individual or business that possesses and uses a vehicle. Not all title transactions represent changes in ownership. To provide estimated number of owners, CARFAX proprietary technology analyzes all the events in a vehicle history. Estimated ownership is available for vehicles manufactured after 1991 and titled solely in the US including Puerto Rico. Dealers sometimes opt to take ownership of a vehicle and are required to in the following states: Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and South Dakota. Please consider this as you review a vehicle's estimated ownership history.
Title Issued
A state issues a title to provide a vehicle owner with proof of ownership. Each title has a unique number. Each title or registration record on a CARFAX report does not necessarily indicate a change in ownership. In Canada, a registration and bill of sale are used as proof of ownership.
View the Full Glossary
CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARFAX®

SYSTEMATIC RETRIEVAL OF THE CONTENT OR OTHER DATA FROM THIS SITE TO CREATE OR COMPILE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, A COLLECTION, COMPILATION, DATABASE OR DIRECTORY WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF CARFAX IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. THE CARFAX VEHICLE HISTORY REPORT IS SUBJECT TO THE CARFAX.COM TERMS OF USE.

© 2016 CARFAX, Inc., a unit of IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
Covered by United States Patent Nos. 7,113,853; 7,778,841; 7,596,512, 8,600,823; 8,595,079; 8,606,648; 7,505,838.
6/28/16 6:39:59 AM (EDT)

#12 ·
That car has M273 engine #32074 , which is in the range for potential timing chain idler sprocket failure. Not all of these of these in the range fail prematurely. Most failed very early (well under 100K miles), though there are plenty that have failed over 100K miles, too. It's sort of a crap shoot. If it fails, you're looking at around $4K or more to get it fixed. What you might consider is taking the car to an MBZ dealer and paying for a pre-purchase inspection. They'll charge around $200 for this. While it's there, ask them to pull a VMI and give you the complete dealership service history.

#13 ·
Rodney;

Thanks, I will do this in the following week. Is there anything I can do to avoid the timing chain idler sprocket failure. I have a feeling that the previous driver was very very easy on the car; which of course, I am not quite as a friendly driver!

Thanks,
Tamer

#14 ·
Rodney and all;

I did decide to get the car and will be taking it to the original dealer of sale and services in the following week. Thank you very much for your help and support and understanding. Now one issue; although, I am happy to post a new thread about this; I have seen some of the bluetooth devices like these:

Mercedes Benz MHI Bluetooth Module Cradle Adapter Latest Update iPhone Samsung | eBay
and
Bluetooth Module Adapter Interface Hands Free Puck Cradle Phone Mercedes | eBay

My question is will these allow for streaming audio as well as telephone functions or just phone functions?

If they do allow only phone functions what have others done to use their smart phone music via bluetooth or USB? or even a USB thumbdrive options?

I know all the standard options for all cars including the radio tuner systems and other, but I am looking for something with higher fidelity via either 3.5 jack / USB / or bluetooth.

Also, not iPhone (hate apple) and only use very high end Samsung generally.

Thank you so much, you all have been extremely helpful.

Tamer

PS: this car is amazing. I love it. I am a car enthusiast; but this is the first MB ever owned. I may regret my impulsive decision; but at this point this is probably the best car that I have ever driven and I have driven and owned quite a bit of cars.

#18 ·
My question is will these allow for streaming audio as well as telephone functions or just phone functions?

If they do allow only phone functions what have others done to use their smart phone music via bluetooth or USB? or even a USB thumbdrive options?
Neither of the listed BT modules will allow for audio streaming from your phone. This is strictly phone and address book.

If you want audio streaming, you'll need to find 3rd party BT solutions that allows for that.

#15 ·
Congrats on the decision. Post a picture for us. I'm sure you will love it or hate it daily like any supermodel. ��

I don't think anything you do will affect the gear wear. It is soft, and if moving, it wears out.
The answer to your audio question can likely be found by searches in the audio section.

Get everything checked out, do preventative maintenance, and don't let it sit for more than a week.

#16 ·
Congrats, Tamer! AS kbob999 said, there is really nothing you can do to prevent the idler sprocket from wearing. It will eventually wear out - its will on all cars. Of course we would expect it to last many hundreds of thousands of miles, especially in an MBZ engine. Just keep an eye out for any MIL (check engine light) warnings.

As for Bluetooth pucks, they do not support streaming, just hands-free phoning. However, you may not be able to use those anyhow unless you already have all the other parts providing the adapter in the center console to plug in the puck. It was an expensive factory option. Without that, you're about $1,000 in parts away from adding the puck. I used an aftermarket mCAR adapter in my CLK that did handsfree, ipod, plus BT streaming. It replaces the CD changer. It worked pretty well, though the mic was not as good as OEM. I am selling it:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sal...y/2656522-fs-mcar-bluetooth-ipod-adapter.html

#17 · (Edited)
Follow up on reliability of the R230.
My 2003 SL55 just clicked over 93K miles, and my wife & I just completed an 8 day 2000 mile vacation through Colorado, Wyoming, Yellowstone and the Tetons.

Guess what happened??? Nothing.

Everything worked great. Drove at 80+ on cruise most the way, with times over 100, and even 120 for a burst. I was not being gingerly to her.
There are stretches of Wyoming that have nobody to be seen for 10 miles, so it's a great place to go fast.
And the mountain passes and twisty roads are what this car was made for. Climbing hills and accelerating to pass cars is a piece of cake.
Got exactly 20 mpg for the trip.

If you 'fix' all of the weak points prior to launch, this is a great car for touring. Just pack light in soft bags, and use all the space inside the cabin and trunk.

#19 ·
I decided to go with burned mp3 dvd. That works perfect. I don't do much new music; just wanted my library (yuge - like TRUMPY would say) to travel with me! :) with the changer and DVD and in-dash. I am rocking and rolling all over the place! :)

#20 · (Edited)
The service record appears to be good, consistant service with primarily one provider. I suspect the price is low because of the miles. The car must be checked prior to purchase by a mechanic familiar with the model. With this model, it's not only the miles but age, as different parts wear out just based on age, electronics, rubber bushings and so forth. Expect to catch up on deferred maintenance, trans fluid, ABS flush, brake flush, differential fluid. The view on this site is skewed, because the ones with problems are on this site. I've spoken personally to owners that have had only minor issues in ten year old cars. You will always have the gremlins that always appears in this model, shifter, engine mounts, suspension bushings, CD changer, trunk pull down, trim pieces, some ABC repairs. The trick is to do some of the work yourself, things that require a Star computer to install, use good aftermarket parts, or used parts and use a good independent for repairs that you can not perform. This is one of the most expensive cars to maintain, so set your expectations at around 2-3G's a year, some years will more ,others less. Once you get the car sorted it should give you good service, especially if driven fewer miles per year. It is a great car to drive and enjoy. Remember, it not a Toyota, you will have to do some repairs, some can be frustrating, just do your research, on this site and others and you'll be OK.

#21 ·
Update

I bought the car and I love it so far. Will be getting the full CPO. Just as an update measure I have added the bluetooth MB puck that works beautifully and finally opted for using a radio transmitter for other features of music devices rather then kill myself with expenses and changing much of the original car equipment.

I do have a question; aftermarket warranties from companies like National Auto Care Corp or others that offer aftermarket warranties. Does anyone have any experience with them? And do they cover things like transmission, differentials, and struts?

Thanks,
Tamer

#24 ·
That is a decent solution, and one I've considered. I've only seen the BT adaptors that require a 12V power supply, so you need to add a glovebox port to supply power. Do you know of any that don't need power?
Not a big deal, but another task to accomplish the result.

#25 ·
#27 ·
Thank you all - looking for parts list now

So, everything is going very well with the purchase except for two things that have disappointed me. On one of the hot days this week; after a whole lot of rain; I was going to lower the roof and it appears that one of the black glass strips to the right of the rear window somehow got caught in the truck why it was opening and a 4" peace broker off the bottom. I am going to see if I can glow it back on without negative aesthetic problem or I may have to replace the whole strip. So, where can I find a parts list so that I can find out what that peace of glass is called? Additionally, one of the air conditioning vents seems to have lost the control knob. How can I find the name / part number of that peace so that I can order a replacement (pictures attached!)

Attachments

#28 ·
So, everything is going very well with the purchase except for two things that have disappointed me. On one of the hot days this week; after a whole lot of rain; I was going to lower the roof and it appears that one of the black glass strips to the right of the rear window somehow got caught in the truck why it was opening and a 4" peace broker off the bottom. I am going to see if I can glow it back on without negative aesthetic problem or I may have to replace the whole strip. , So where can I find a parts list so that I can find out what that peace of glass is called?
Welcome to the forum. This topic has been discussed........... See this post. Also check out this write-up from MB World.

Additionally, one of the air conditioning vents seems to have lost the control knob. How can I find the name / part number of that peace so that I can order a replacement (pictures attached!)
Posted earlier and Kbob responded here

I'm adding the WIS instructions for removal. I don't see a part number for just the slider knob? Ebay lists a couple of complete assemblies but very expensive. You may be able to cannibalize the part some where.

If you want to DIY on minor projects then you will need the MB EPC (Electronic Parts Catalog) for parts lookup and the WIS (Workshop Information System) for the actual factory work instructions. At one time you could get access to the MB EPC free through MB but they now charge $75 per year.

You can get the EPC and WIS on disc's from sellers on ebay relatively cheap. That is what I am using now even though I have a working SDS (Star Diagnostic System) on my laptop. (I prefer the desktop for day to day use.)

Check out this post for my set-up.

Anyway, good luck,

Bob

Attachments

#31 ·
The 2007 SL550 I bought two years ago has proven to be an awesome car. Already owned a 2004 SL600 that must have been stolen from NASA or the Black Box secret program. The issue the 07 had was it had been driven by a little old lady for many miles and the engine likely hadn't seen above 3000 RPM in 40K miles, it was so carboned up I wondered if it needed a new engine. Bought it anyway. My engineer friend has some sort of SDS that monitors everything as you drive including exhaust temp, I mean everything, he said it all looks really good so we should Seafoam it. We got two big cans of Seafoam and sprayed into the engine then shut off for 30 minutes. Then drive it like ya stole it, I mean pedal to the floor going uphill at 80MPH in third gear at 6000 RPM, for about a half hour. Pillars of smoke the size of a cathedral came out the exhaust, I wondered if the Fire and Rescue helicopter was going to come to try to save us!! After a while, no more smoke and the car was running like it was new! These cars do need to see 5000-plus RPM every so often or the engine will fill up with carbon deposits. After the treatment, I did oil change, spark plugs, all filters, etc., and the car can't be more trouble-free. I did check the engine serial number with a VIN decoder and it was made AFTER the end of the run of "bad" wrongly heat-treated timing chain sprockets. So, no worries there. I changed the ABC filter myself and wasn't wearing my glasses and put the cap on the reservoir wrong, and a few miles later it burped fluid all over the engine compartment, a shop charged seven hundred bucks to fix all that up right including replacing all the ABC fluid, a new sub micron filter, and cleanup of the awful mess. Other than that, no issues at all with the car. It's not a SL600 and only has limited horsepower, LOL but it is still fast. Car now has 97K miles and runs as new. I make sure to drive it at least weekly, even in winter as log as it's dry out. Hasn't been rained on once since I bought it! I often catch people staring at it. The R230 is a masterpiece on wheels.

Attachments

#32 ·
I revisit this post occasionally. This was one of the best vehicular decisions that I have ever made. My only fear now is that when the time comes, and it completely dies or has a mechanical issue which is too expensive to fix; that I would not be able to drive another car. Just a couple of updates:

1. After a few years using the puck combined with BT500 converter in the CD Changer location; I completely pulled all that out and replaced it with an XISEDO for Mercedes Benz SL R230 SL350 SL500 SL300 SL550 Android 10.0 Car Stereo 9" in-Dash Head Unit Car Radio GPS Navigation (with Fiber decoder) - do not let best buy install this. I did because I was being lazy and my wife had other plans for the summer; but I literally had to redo the whole installation myself and rerun all the wires and cables as well as had to buy a whole new center console plate that they destroyed, I don't blame them - completely my fault for even thinking someone at best buy would do a good job. With my 300Z nissan and other cars; I have always done the work myself. And even if it takes me 4 days and 6 days waiting for specific parts - it always turns out much better than any shop will do.

2. The original wheels that function amazingly well have had some of the silver plating break off. You can see the Luxon material underneath. Hoping to save some money and buy a new set or something better.

3. This car drives and looks beautiful in every way. But has cost me some money in fixes and tune ups - but worth every penny

4. The rear right plastic accent on the pilar has broken off a few times. I have had my service guy replace it a few times. In general, he is very very good. But now I just do it myself. Takes me about 2 hours slowly pushing the plastic in. lol

And that is about it. The most fun car ever.

#34 ·
I forgot to mention that immediately after purchase on my 2007, I got new engine and transmission mounts, cost was about $200 for the mounts and $400 labor. The car had about 94K miles and so those are considered consumables. Also... With almost all cars, engine seals can dry up and begin to crack then leak if the car sits undriven too long. I try to drive all my cars at least weekly if not more often. In winter, some may go ten days or so between runs, but that's about the max. Keeping them out of the harsh weather as much as possible seems to go a long way towards preserving window rubber, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.