Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

ABC Pump question

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Esther Massachi 
#1 ·
My 2003 SL500 ABC pump has been noisy due to having been run low of fluid some time ago.

I recently purchased a used (20,000 mile) ABC pump to replace it. I try to rotate the used pump by hand and can't do it. Is that normal for these pumps?

Edit: new pump is rotating by hand normally...

Dave

#2 ·
I have SL500 2004 my ABC pump was leaking and was noisy is well. Found local shop they rebuild my pump now it’s all great. No Noise, no drips of oil in the garage. Definitely save me a lot old money and grief by not going to the dealer. 858 271-6700 is the # for the repair shop. Good luck.

#3 ·
Dave,

Ya thats normal to happen. 4 months ago I had the same problem with my 2005 SL65 AMG. This one shop out in Southern California rebuilt my ABC pump (0034665301) with a one year unlimited warranty and free shipping within the US and the turn around time was basically less than a few days. Great service! Invasion Auto 818-506-8005 ask for Samson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.