Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

R230- Boot does not lock with CL

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Richrider 
#1 ·
Morning all, my boot does not lock when locking the car with the fob. All other locking functions are normal. I do not have the blade key so this is the only way to secure. PSE had a recent repair due to..........water ingress. Soft close ok and auto boot open ok, many thanks, Ian

#4 ·
Good morning :) I cannot remember if the lock always returns to this position once the key is out. Turned one way its looked at all times, in the other direction it locks and opens with the locking and in the middle its unlocked..

Lets hope someone will come on with the for sure answers.

#7 ·
You learn something new everyday with this car. When I replaced the pull down part recently, the trunk would not open manually, only with the key fob. I did use the mechanical key at one point to open the trunk, by accident I must have turned the lock to the correct position and it worked correctly again. After reading this post I now know there is a valet position. I just may read the manual cover to cover some time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.