Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

ABC Question- Raised vs Lowered

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tlwev 
#1 ·
Just purchased an 03 Sl500 with 26000 miles on it and have read about the dreaded ABC problems. I have flushed the system using the two new filter method and the fluid is now fresh. All that aside I would like opinions on keeping the car raised on the suspension for a week at a time vs keeping it unloaded(lowered). I have read a couple opinions on this and so far it's an even split for keeping it raised vs unloading it for the week it is not driven. I plan on exercising the systems and enjoying the car as much as possible so it won't be a total garage queen. Any thoughts greatly appreciated

#2 ·
I leave my car in the raised mode, sometimes for several weeks, the only thing, as I understand it, is that the system may loose pressure after a while and the ABC light may come on when you start the car, but once the system re-pressurizes you should be be good to go. At least that is what the mechanic told me.

Hope this helps,

Dave

#3 ·
If the system is in good working order, there is No difference in leaving it raised or lowered! The ONLY pressure in the system(when the car is parked) is from the Valve block to, and into the shocks and struts. My car has been parked from the 1st of November till now and has not lost ANY height. If your car is settling after a few weeks, You have a valve block or shock problem!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.