Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Got myself a set of 19"...

4K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  RoundTheBenz 
#1 ·
I've noticed that my tires on the back wheels were pretty much gone - so I've decided to get some new ones along with the new wheels.
Got myself Sport Edition ST4 Bright Satin w/Machined Lip wheels from TireRack and Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 tires - 255/35ZR19 for the fronts and 285/30ZR19 for the rears.

Including a few pics for you to check it out

PS What tire pressure would you recommend? Would 31 PSI for the fronts and 34 PSI for the rears will be to low?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The satin finish looks great against the blue.
I've got an 03 SL55 that has AMG 19's. The owners manual recommends 35/36 psi F/R for summer tire 'normal' loads (but didn't include 19's. only 18's.) I've got the same Hankooks that you bought. Wheel alignment is crucial for wide tread tires.

#4 ·
So I guess you would be the right person to ask: "How do you like those Hankooks?". I was little scared to get those expensive, but cheapest on the list tires. But on other hand I live in all year long summer state, so I wasn't interested in all-season tire and I do most of my driving local so I thought those tires should be fine. So far i put a few miles on them and they seem to be very good and quiet - no concerns so far.

#6 · (Edited)
Nice wheels and tires.

You asked about tire pressure: for what it's worth, try 32 psi front and rear. If the car feels good and responsive, leave the pressure at 32. Adjust to your preferences. Watch tread wear; increase or decrease pressure if excessive wear patterns emerge over time.

Thanks for the pix. Good luck.

#17 ·
I have the AMG wheels just like that with a gun metal interior and polished lip. I love them. I've also had Hankook Ventus V12 on an E550, S550 and SL55. I have no problem with them and would recommend them to anyone. I have had other tires over the years and some have worn longer and shorter. I like the Hankook for their performance, noise level as well as the value for money. Car looks great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.