Changing the clock - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R230 SL Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 06:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 2004 sl55 AMG
Changing the clock

I give up! Have been trying to change the clock on my new 2004 sl55. I go into the command center system settings Date/Time...select country USA...scroll down to Central time zone...press scroll button which takes me to check Auto daylight savings time...and then what do I do? When I press enter from the scroll button it only checks of unchecks the daylight savings time options...so I press SAT and it goes back to eastern seaboard time!!!! I have tried setting the clock time manually and it updates itself based on the SAT radio which thinks it is on eastern seaboard time. HELP! What am I doing wrong?
hegarty@mail.utexas.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2009, 06:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 2005 SL500 Iridium Silver/Ash with wood trim upgrade...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hegarty@mail.utexas.edu View Post
I give up! Have been trying to change the clock on my new 2004 sl55. I go into the command center system settings Date/Time...select country USA...scroll down to Central time zone...press scroll button which takes me to check Auto daylight savings time...and then what do I do? When I press enter from the scroll button it only checks of unchecks the daylight savings time options...so I press SAT and it goes back to eastern seaboard time!!!! I have tried setting the clock time manually and it updates itself based on the SAT radio which thinks it is on eastern seaboard time. HELP! What am I doing wrong?
Are you trying to change the little dash clock or the system clock displayed on the COMAND screen?

COMAND Screen: This clock is automatically updated from the satellites based on the region you specify in the settings. Depending on your "Convenience Settings", the dash clock will be synchronized with this clock. To save the settings you pick on the COMAND screen, it is best to use the "OK" button in the middle of the directional pad.

Dash Clock: This clock can be set separately from the COMAND clock if you use your steering wheel buttons to navigate to the "Settings" menu in the speedo screen. Under the Convenience features, there is a clock menu item. Selecting it will give you "Set Clock Separately" (or something like that) with YES/NO choices. If you set to NO, then you can set your dash clock independently within the speedo menus. I had to do this because the COMAND clock was 10 minutes fast compared to the clocks at work... Don't ask!

Also keep in mind that the daylight savings time change date has been changed recently, so you may need to check/uncheck the DST setting as appropriate to your area.

I hope this helps.

Rook

Last edited by Rook3001; 03-17-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Rook3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Thanks for your guidance. I am trying to set both clocks actually. I'll give the procedures you suggest a try. I think my problem is that when I leave the daylight saving screen there is no "enter" button. Never noticed an "ok" button but I'll look for it. What you say makes sense since the system acts like it never accepts my changes. Thanks again, most helpful!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Never noticed an "ok" button but I'll look for it.
No problem, glad to help.

By the way, the OK button is an actual button on the COMAND console. It should be the center circular button in the middle of the directional keys at the bottom right of the COMAND console. You can see it in this picture (on the far right side):

Rook
Old 03-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Ah, now I know why I never noticed it. My 2004 command consol looks different that the one in the picture (see attached).
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Ah, now I know why I never noticed it. My 2004 command consol looks different that the one in the picture (see attached).
Wow, woodja look at that. You're gonna have to refer to your COMAND manual for assistance with that one, unless someone else here has the old style COMAND console and knows how to set the clock on it.

Good luck.

Rook
Old 03-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: '04 SL 500; '05 SLK 350
Go to the "SYS" menu, chose "date/time"
Now either activate or deacitve automatic updates and automatic DST in the menu.
Press the right button longer than two seconds to save your changes.

If you want to set the time manually scroll to the time (hrs or mins) using the right button. Once the item you want to change is under the cursor, press the right button. The display color of the item changes to red, now you turn the right button again to reach the desired setting and press it again - for more than two seconds - to save what you have changed.

The system should update time and date from the GPS-signal - check your settings first, seems to me something is off with yours.
Fehmarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 07 SL350, 14 BMW320, 05 SLK and 4.6 MGBV8
Quote:
Ah, now I know why I never noticed it. My 2004 command consol looks different that the one in the picture
This is the classic reason we should put the car year and model into our profile, yes?

The moderators on the 129 forum insist on this and check us up when we post without year and model. we should do the same, but I note that the 230 forum does not have a moderator...
Hal Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Adams View Post
The moderators on the 129 forum insist on this and check us up when we post without year and model. we should do the same, but I note that the 230 forum does not have a moderator...
Agreed.

*looks left*

*looks right*

Sounds like you just volunteered Hal! LOL

Get to work!

Rook
Old 03-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 07 SL350, 14 BMW320, 05 SLK and 4.6 MGBV8
Why did I think as soon as I hit 'post' that this would be the reply...!

Not for me, I am not well enough versed on the cars is my excuse - plus I only have the entry model. I think the ideal moderator would have at least a 500...

He says, fast exit left.
Hal Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R230 SL Class