Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

R230 SL Picture Thread

378K views 690 replies 322 participants last post by  rockytopmark 
#1 ·
I've seen all these pictures of E55's and not nearly as many of the more sporty and eye catching SL500s....Everyone post your SL R230 pictures here

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
RE: SL500 Picture Thread

Surely, you all have pictures of your SL's?? It's hard to imagine you spent this much money and don't have one. It's easy to load pictures. Before you hit the submit button, check the box that says "attach a file after posting." This will take you to a browser box, where you can search your system for the picture you want to attach and then hit submit. It takes a few minutes to upload the file, if it's large.

Rod

#12 ·

okay quick question, in the US are you allowed to NOT have your license plate on the front of your car? as majority of you on here don't have them on the front, only the back.

can anyone clear this up? Espically you rod, for you have two....hahaha EXPLAIN YOURSELF! haha

#13 ·

Scott.......It varies from state to state whether you "have" to have a front license plate. Fortunately, Florida is a state that does not require a front plate. I'm not fond of front plates as I think it detracts from the beauty of the bumper. Plus, you have to drill holes in the bumper if you have to have a front plate. I'm glad I don't have to. Just my opinion. You'll see that some people have plates on the front, because they are required in the state they registered the car.

Cheers,
Rod

#14 ·

BTW.....Blazinginder.......I hope you don't mind, but I requested:

1. The thread be moved to the top, so it's always easy to find and for people to post pictures of their cars. The Benzworld moderator did this a few days agao.

2. I just put in a request to change the subject line of this thread to read R230 SL Picture Thread. That way, anyone with an SL, should feel welcome to post pictures of their cars, not just those who have an SL 500.

I hope this is OK with you, since you started the thread. Please let me know if you have any issue with my request.

Rod

#16 ·

scottcardwell - 6/22/2005 5:29 AM

okay quick question, in the US are you allowed to NOT have your license plate on the front of your car? as majority of you on here don't have them on the front, only the back.

can anyone clear this up? Espically you rod, for you have two....hahaha EXPLAIN YOURSELF! haha
My dealer will NOT screw a plate into MY bumper under penalty of death. Front plates are required in Ma. and my dealer fastens them to the front lower black grill with black cable ties. A front plate is required for an ispection sticker. I removed the plate and tossed it in the boot when I picked up the car. I carry a few black cable ties in case I get stopped.

#184 · (Edited)
ever get stopped for not having one before?
Yup, if they want you bad enough they use it as an excuse to pull you over and search to the depth of hell. Kinda like the smell good tree hanging from the mirror being illegal at least in Maryland. I bet no one knew that. It might be a moving violation. Most rebels here just put the front tag in the window, but even that will get you pulled if your the right description!!!!!

#21 ·

Scruffyone - 6/22/2005 2:01 PM

My dealer will NOT screw a plate into MY bumper under penalty of death. Front plates are required in Ma. and my dealer fastens them to the front lower black grill with black cable ties. A front plate is required for an ispection sticker. I removed the plate and tossed it in the boot when I picked up the car. I carry a few black cable ties in case I get stopped.
I here you on the front plates.

Will the police actually let you fix the problem on the spot?

#22 ·

LovinSL600 - 6/25/2005 7:14 PM

Scruffyone - 6/22/2005 2:01 PM

I here you on the front plates.

Will the police actually let you fix the problem on the spot?
I don't know, I'm ready to if needed to. We went on a run a few weeks ago, and a wide group of cars were present. There were 9 Benzes, F cars, L car, and a host of rice cars with very young drivers. We started out into heavy traffic, and the youngsters started racing and weaving in thick 80 mph traffic on 4 lanes. I camped out in the high speed lane and watched them cut and weave, pissing off a lot of Sunday moterist with cell phones. All of this foolish action gained them little ground, as I was able to observ them for many miles. When we got to out regrouping rest area the State Police arrived and got on their bullhorns with a warning to DRIVE SAFELY, WE HAVE RECIEVED MANY COMPLAINTS. I thanked them as they drove past. Many of the Benzes were without front plates. The police wrote up two very visibly parked TR-4s, one for no front plate and the other for shooting sparks from his muffler. I have a vid of the regrouping area. I can post it if you like.

#25 ·
The run was really a lot of fun, to bad this vid is a little boring. The biggest suprise came at the end of the day when my wife said she would do it again. The first scene is the meeting point, the second is at a check point to try and line up into a convoy at a rest area. Fat chance of that, only the Benzes lined up as a group.
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=caper05rev2