Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Just wanna say hi!

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  mbownersweden 
#1 ·
As new member I just want to say hello and Im proud of finally being a member as BenzWorld.org is highly ranked in sweden also - Im also member in MB-forum Sweden... Maybe a bit odd to join a site from Canada as my earlier experience of Canada was that my Camaro -93 was built there, which I sold when I bought my SLK - a bit sad as my first car when I took my driverlicense was a Camaro -69 so there is a history with the Camaros - However, you cant drive two nice cars at the same time + you need space and wallet for it as well ;)
Im not sure that you have SLK200K over there as from what I learn you have 230 and up but besides that its the same body and equipment I guess except that we dont have panicbutton in the smartkey which I regret as I will install a unit to start engine from other side of street (or lake) and then the panicbutton would be nice instead of push buttons several times but same procedure is for the roof by another unit so I guess I can live with that.
Otherwise its a good equipted car with everything you could buy at that time + have changed the original stereo (APS50) to a Dynavin with BT, DVD, USB, TV and reversecamera so I think it can do everything except making coffee,,,

#5 ·
Oh, sorry - my mistake!
Yes, Ive already got one from the company you recommended and I believe its a good buy. I was in contact with the swedish agent even before Ive received my car and he was very helpful cuz I had like a bunch of questions and Ive also been in contact with their support in Vegas several times as their unit and the remote start unit use the same place in display (radio off-mode) and I was afraid that they will disturbe each other. Then when I join the swedish mercedes community I found out that there is another company selling the same stuff, probably another brand, but as the first guy and the american support were that good I prefer them as good service is more important than the price...
So, second week in june I will have it fixed - first the remotestart and then SmartTop day after cuz the first have a on/off button so its easy to handle. After that I guess I will have the most equipped SLK of that year in sweden, except it cant make coffee yet... + the TV will shut off in speed over 208 km/h (approx 130 m/h) but I think I have to live with that...

Btw - do you have access to Mercedes ME adapter in your country? the unit thats connected to your smartphone and give some info - mercedes released it in sweden a while ago and its really nice!

According to your first msg - I have no intention to catch you, just to lazy for that ;)

#8 ·
Now I finally installed the unit for remote control of top and it works like a dream so really a good buy!

At the same time I also installed the remote starter (cliMate) but it will disturb showing the radiostations in display as I have a aftermarket radio (Dynavin) but the company will try to fix that if possible - It also wiped out my ME adapter so they will look at that function too.
I guess that I can live with that as I can see the stations in the radio display but feel a bit sorry that the ME adapter doesnt work...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.