Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Pricing info: bull or no bull

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  JHBenz518 
#1 ·
Guys,

I have been in negotiations over pricing of the 09 SLK 350 where several dealers are telling me there are NO incentives or manufactures rebates to dealers when selling the 09 350. I have info telling me that isn't so and this rebate exist. Of course someone is filling me full of bull either the dealers or my source. Can anyone give me info on this rumor or is there dealers selling the 09's at a reasonable number over invoice?...."true invoice". This is why I hate buying new cars and going through this painful process:mad: No one seems too want to offer a decent deal on this car.

Some of these dealer act like they must be imune to the ecomomic downturn the car industry is facing right now...or I got sucker written across my forehead...:rolleyes:

Any luck out there?

#3 ·
Check the price MSRP and INVOICE from edmunds.com then get few quotes on the internet. All dealers want you in the door first and won't let you walk out w/o the sales that they still make profit. That's where the bargaining begin. They are the pro (everyday job but you're not) so don't show whatever written on your forehead. If there was incentive, it will show in the list of discount items and who care, discount is a discount.

#5 ·
Discounts are available. You just have to find a dealer who's willing to deal. As was mentioned, send a number of inquiries via e-mail to different dealers in your area and elsewhere. Many will tell you that they won't discount, but there'll be a few who will. There always is. You may find a deal in a neighboring state that may make it worth your while to have the car trucked in or hop on a plane to pick it up. You might be able to get a better deal if the car you want is in stock. (I ordered mine, but still got a deal, so it just depends.) Because we're entering the fall, you might want to wait a few months. Convertibles are harder to sell when the temperatures drop and the rain/snow begins. That could work to your advantage. Good luck.

#6 ·
no incentives but i got my dealer to give me free tint (value $300) and a full clearbra (value $1000)(hood,grille,bumper,mirrors and headlights).

#7 ·
I ordered my 09 on March 15, 2008 before prices were set for the 09 models.
I got the car for $500 over invoice. That price was set before I placed the order. In the US the diffference between invoice and MSRP is 7% including all options but not including shipping. In the DC area there is a $600 advertising fee added to the dealer's invoice price. For my car I got a copy of the invoice price sheet Mercedes-Benz sent the dealer. So for Edmunds invoice price add $600 to get the true dealer bottom line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.