Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Baby Got Boo-Boo & Praise for Dent Masters

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  -1- 
#1 · (Edited)
Two weeks ago as I was walking towards my car in the parking garage after work, I saw that someone had dinged my passenger side door. :mad:
I could see it from 100 feet away and the dent was right on the crease.
I was parked right up against a support pillar, in an end space. So whoever did it had to park well over the dividing line for the space to ding my door, boy was I p*ssed. I had the car just 2 weeks shy of 1 year without a mark on it until then.

Anyway today, I took it to DentMasters in Tyson's Corner, VA. They did a great job. :D If you know exactly where to look and at the right angle, you can see a faint crease. Otherwise you cannot tell it was ever dinged. DentMasters says the repair was 95% perfect but I say it was better than that and I'm very picky.
The repair cost $130 and was well worth the price as every time I saw the ding I got p*ssed again. The technican said the Benz was more difficult to repair than other cars as the steel is harder. He also said that he heard that Mercedes used 'virgin' steel which is harder. Anybody else ever hear of that?

I attached before and after pics.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.