Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2006 SLK280 Lease - Help

937 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  freebird 
#1 ·
Considering leasing a 2006 SLK280 - never leased before. How do I get a "deal" and what is a good lease deal? I've researched the SLK280 and I know what a good buy/deal is for the car and what I can negotiate on a purchase but do understand how to wrangle a lease.

I do not have a trade-in.

Any help for a newbie?

[I have always purchased but am considering a lease as I may only want to keep the SLK280 for a few years.]

------------------

#2 ·
One place you might want to check out is www.bankrate.com. Click on "Autos." This Web site will give you the most competitive rates for your state (if you're in the U.S.). there is also a discussion on "purchase vs. lease." You might also Google "purchase vs. lease." I'm sure that tons of different Web sites will pop up that can provide further guidance. Good luck in your search. [:)]

#5 ·
Yep. Everyone's numbers will be slightly different. Lease values are based on the negotiated price of the car, term-of-the-lease, amount you put down on the lease, residual value, credit rating, etc. Pretty hard for an apples-to-apples comparison unless you have two identical people purchasing the same car with the same terms. [;)]

#6 ·
freebird - 4/15/2006 2:11 PM

Anyone have numbers?
Anyone recently do a lease and can provide me with numbers for a "good" deal?
You need to negotiate the price on the car, the money factor and the fees. I just leased a 350 and got Invoice plus $1000, base money factor plus 20 points (0.00260) and bank fee $795.

You can find many lease calculators on the web to run your figures, do that before going to the dealer.

#8 ·
freebird - 4/17/2006 8:27 AM

Considering leasing a 2006 SLK280 - never leased before. How do I get a "deal" and what is a good lease deal? I've researched the SLK280 and I know what a good buy/deal is for the car and what I can negotiate on a purchase but do understand how to wrangle a lease.

I do not have a trade-in.

Any help for a newbie?

[I have always purchased but am considering a lease as I may only want to keep the SLK280 for a few years.]

------------------

As what everyone is saying, the main thing is you must first negotiate the price of the car. I got mine for $1.00 over invoice. The reason according to the salesman is that he would get extra commission if he sells the car over invoice.

The SLK 280 had some special leasing rate at 2.9% recently, I don't know if it's still on. Check out mbusa.com. You could always ask the sales manager and finance manager to see if MB Finance is willing to go to those rates, especially if you have good credit ratings. I don't know how well the 280 is selling as from what I see in this forum, most like their SLK at 350 or AMG 55.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.