Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Unexpected Transmission Behavior

834 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  lennyr 
#1 ·
Last night I was driving and had to make a tight merge from a stop so I floored it. I was in "S" mode. As expected, it changed from 1st to 2nd at the redline, but when it came time to hit 3rd at the redline the rev limiter kicked in and there was no power. A bit disconcerting. Has anybody else experienced something like this?

#2 ·
When turning the AMG 55 holds the gear to keep in the power band and prevent an unwanted upshifts. In almost all cases you accelerate before a turn. So this is normal in the 55 and you would need to upshift in order to make it change.

#3 ·
Could have also been traction control limiting the revs. You do not want to accelerate hard with the 55 during corner. The car is very nose heavy, which will cause the backend to lose traction easily.

#5 ·
There are a number of things that cause you to lose traction. I'm inclined to believe you had a momentary loss of traction (not enough to cause the warning beeps) which is why you lost power.

Did you see the Carret (^) on the dash display? (Like when you overrev in manual.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.