Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Remote boot (trunk) opening. SL Aerial

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Zut 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.

I've had my SLK 280 for a few days now and I noticed two things. After opening the boot with the remote key is the lid supposed to open up fully all on its own or does it just open partially and you have to intervene for the rest?. Now its failed completely, sigh!, and I have to open it manually but, this seemed to happen coincidentaly after I had fitted the stubby SL aerial (just the stub). I have put the twig back on but to no avail. Is the sensor in or part of the boot lock or inbuilt into the "twig"?

Back to the dealers sometime do you reckon?

#2 ·
Purely guessing but I'd reckon the partial opening is intentional. As far as the change coinciding with aerial replacement - too much of a coincidence, I reckon the issue is related. Whats the radio reception like? Has that degraded at all since changing twigs?
Saying that, not sure why it's not reverted to normal if you've re-fitted the original twig.

#3 ·
If I am honest the radio performance suffered only slightly, if at all. I mainly listen to local radio, and very local at that, other than that its mainly CDs and the aerial switch was mainly cosmetic.

Yep, putting the twig back made no difference to the boot, I cant say that the failure was exactly coincident, time wise at least. Its just that it worked before I swapped the aerial and the next time I tried it it (36 ish hours later after the swap) it didnt.

#4 ·
portzy - 9/20/2005 3:19 AM
After opening the boot with the remote key is the lid supposed to open up fully all on its own or does it just open partially and you have to intervene for the rest?
I have a built-for-Canada SLK and the boot lid just slightly pops up when unlocked. As a matter of fact, it hardly looks open. But it works satisfactorily. My old car (an American make) did the very same thing. Personally, I don't mind this at all. [:)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.