Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

SoCal meetup report!

910 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Slylander 
#1 ·
Although 8-9 people were slated to show up, as it drew near, there was little response to my posting, so I brought a book, figuring I'd be the only one to show. I showed up at Irvine Spectrum about 11:15. I found a nice cozy spot in the back parking lot, and started reading.

After about 20 minutes or so, I heard someone say hello, and looked up and an SLK55 had just parked next to me. It was a nice couple, Rubin and his wife Julian(sp?), who are not regular readers of the forum. Rubin had just been surfing through the internet on Friday, and had seen the post of our meetup, and decided to show!

Unfortunately, my camera was out on loan, so I have no pictures. Next time we'll get more people and cameras (hopefully :)). We chatted for a while, and it was the first time I had seen an SLK55 in person, and listened to the sounds of it. WOW! You SLK55 owners are loving it I know (except for having an automatic transmission... yuck!).

Rubin and Julian took off, and I waited another 10 minutes or so (until about 12:05), and decided no one else would show, and I was hungry. I headed into the mall to get something to eat, and when I came back out, there was a beautful blue SLK350 parked next to my car. Upon inspection, there was a note with a phone number on it. I called the number, and found it was Willie (Slylander), who was eating on the patio at Dave & Buster's. So I went and hung out with him while he ate his lunch.

We headed back out to the cars, and talked for a while. He showed me the door sills that he put in (and had promised everyone posting pictures of, but I can't find it on here :)).

Despite only meeting a couple people, it was a great time. The drive up the 5 on Saturday morning with the top down was just fantastic. Took me an hour and 5 minutes. Anyway, we'll try again in a couple of months when more people have their cars, and others are not out of town. The Irvine Spectrum Center was a perfect meetup place.

Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
Progenitor - 9/19/2005 11:00 AM

Although 8-9 people were slated to show up, as it drew near, there was little response to my posting, so I brought a book, figuring I'd be the only one to show. I showed up at Irvine Spectrum about 11:15. I found a nice cozy spot in the back parking lot, and started reading.

After about 20 minutes or so, I heard someone say hello, and looked up and an SLK55 had just parked next to me. It was a nice couple, Rubin and his wife Julian(sp?), who are not regular readers of the forum. Rubin had just been surfing through the internet on Friday, and had seen the post of our meetup, and decided to show!

Unfortunately, my camera was out on loan, so I have no pictures. Next time we'll get more people and cameras (hopefully :)). We chatted for a while, and it was the first time I had seen an SLK55 in person, and listened to the sounds of it. WOW! You SLK55 owners are loving it I know (except for having an automatic transmission... yuck!).

Rubin and Julian took off, and I waited another 10 minutes or so (until about 12:05), and decided no one else would show, and I was hungry. I headed into the mall to get something to eat, and when I came back out, there was a beautful blue SLK350 parked next to my car. Upon inspection, there was a note with a phone number on it. I called the number, and found it was Willie (Slylander), who was eating on the patio at Dave & Buster's. So I went and hung out with him while he ate his lunch.

We headed back out to the cars, and talked for a while. He showed me the door sills that he put in (and had promised everyone posting pictures of, but I can't find it on here :)).

Despite only meeting a couple people, it was a great time. The drive up the 5 on Saturday morning with the top down was just fantastic. Took me an hour and 5 minutes. Anyway, we'll try again in a couple of months when more people have their cars, and others are not out of town. The Irvine Spectrum Center was a perfect meetup place.

Chris
Chris:
Keep the faith...you can get something going down south...our north measure of success was 3 cars and you actually met that. To motivate, here is a pic from 9/17/05 up north with 5r171's and 7 r170's. I'll be posting a Quicktime movie link after I put together tonight...[;)]

Attachments

#3 ·
Progenitor - 9/19/2005 11:00 AM

Chris
Hi Chris,

It was nice meeting you at Irvine Spectrum on Sat. Too bad I was in a hurry that I didn't think about taking my camera with me as a proof that we met. heehee. Below is the link I posted after I had the door sills installed. If you want to take the CD changer out, there are two holes besides the changer where you can insert a small flat head screw driver, it should pop the cover, then you can proceed in taking out the side cover. I'll post a top-down pic for you in couple of days.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1220886&posts=6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.