Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

5 things to do while waiting...

775 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  chiyosuke 
#1 ·
My 2006 SLK 55 AMG should arrive at the dealership some time late October. I have to admit I am mildly obsessed with this car and have been doing questionable things lately...5 come to mind:

1) reading the SLK brochure to my 2 year old son as a bedtime story.
2) being "in the neighborhood" of the MB dealer suspiciously often, dropping by in the hopes they will have a SLK on the lot to wistfully gaze at.
3) chasing an SLK in traffic to get a better look at one in motion.
4) downloading and memorizing the car manual, COMAND docs, etc.
5) configuring my car on the MB web site and using the resulting picture as my desktop wallpaper at work.

Yeah, I guess I need therapy [:)]

#2 ·
Welcome to my world :)

Although you forgot setting up links like this one:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=30&month=9&year=2005&hour=12&min=00

That's how long until I'm in Sindelfingen driving off in my SLK :)

#3 ·
hey Thinkingaboutit I feel your pain....(haha). Waiting for mine as well regardless of all the problems I hear about the car. I have 361 hours to go...good luck with your wait. I set up the counter by the way. It seems like another site I'll be checking besides this one in anticipation for my car. ^

#5 ·
Thinkingaboutit - 9/18/2005 9:33 PM

My 2006 SLK 55 AMG should arrive at the dealership some time late October. I have to admit I am mildly obsessed with this car and have been doing questionable things lately...5 come to mind:

1) reading the SLK brochure to my 2 year old son as a bedtime story.
2) being "in the neighborhood" of the MB dealer suspiciously often, dropping by in the hopes they will have a SLK on the lot to wistfully gaze at.
3) chasing an SLK in traffic to get a better look at one in motion.
4) downloading and memorizing the car manual, COMAND docs, etc.
5) configuring my car on the MB web site and using the resulting picture as my desktop wallpaper at work.

Yeah, I guess I need therapy [:)]
Try this:
https://home.comcast.net/~motzkoiii/Anticipation.mov

...[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

#6 ·
My SLK55 hopefully was on a ship that docked today in Maryland, USA.
Assuming this has occurred, the car would be up to Philadelphia area in about 1-2 weeks.
The waiting is tough, so hopefully this remaining time goes by quickly....[:)]

#7 ·
The video was pretty amusing...[;)]

I've been checking this board obsessively ever since I identified SLK55 as a potential candidate as a replacement for my GTR.

That obsessive prowling has only increased since the delivery date has been confirmed.

Now I check this board several times a day, at work and home - if you don't see me post any more, then that means I finally got the car. [:D]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.