Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My Obligatory "It's Here" Post

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Florp 
#1 ·
Whoo hoo! The long, long, looooooong months of waiting are over; today I brought home my new baby: A 2006 SLK 55 AMG, Orion Blue w/ Ash & Black interior. Plus every add-on under the sun.

This may well be the ONLY 2006 Orion Blue SLK in the U.S., since I had to special-order it. And while I had the opportunity to buy a silver one months ago, I have to say it was well worth the wait. The Orion Blue is a truly amazing color, especially in direct sunlight. Wow. Just... Wow.

Here's a couple of quick pics. I'm sure I'll take lots more over the next couple of weeks.

Man, what a fun car. [8D]

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations!!!! [:D][:D][:D][:D]

I am pleasantly surprised. I thought Orion Blue was no longer available in 2006. Cool colour. Enjoy!

#6 ·
lennyr - 9/18/2005 2:05 PM

Florp,

What dealer did you get your car from? My '55 was on the same ship as yours, but I haven't heard a peep from the dealer (MB of South Bay) or my broker about when I should get the car, despite numerous inquiries.
I bought it from MB of Laguna Niguel, which is about an hour south of the VPC in Carson. Mine cleared the VPC on Thursday, arrived at the dealer on Friday, and was ready for pick-up on Saturday.

Since yours is also a Priority 1 (ordered) car, yours should have cleared VPC around the same time, I would think.

#7 ·
lennyr - 9/18/2005 2:05 PM

What dealer did you get your car from? My '55 was on the same ship as yours, but I haven't heard a peep from the dealer (MB of South Bay) or my broker about when I should get the car, despite numerous inquiries.
Well, maybe it's different because he lives so much closer to the VPC than we do. [;)] I might also have suggested additional time to install options, but he said he'd pretty much ordered everything, so I guess that's not a differentiator.

#8 ·
Your car and color combo look GREAT!!
I would have went the orion blue, but was told that it was no longer available for U.S. order in 2006.
I assume you must have been one of the last to get this rare color.
Congratulations on your new SLK55, it should offer you many miles of smiles down the road.
As for mine, hopefully the ship has docked in Maryland, from what I've been told by my Dealer, it should be any day now....
The waiting is killing me.

#9 ·
novabenz - 9/19/2005 11:15 AM
I would have went the orion blue, but was told that it was no longer available for U.S. order in 2006.
You are right, Orion blue and ash/black is a wonderful (and rare) colour combination. However, I have seen a black on black 55AMG like the one you ordered and I can assure you that you will not be sorry! [:D][:D][:D] As I said many times before, this car looks great in any colour!

#11 ·
Duo-Art - 9/19/2005 12:19 PM

Florp, How much extra did they charge you to special order the Orion Blue?
It was $1150, plus an extra 2 weeks on the delivery time. From what the MBUSA rep told me, you can special order ANY color that MB currently makes for any of their cars; you just need to use the "Special Order PA-dash-1" code. Your salesman will just look at you blankly, but the guys who actually order the cars from MB will understand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.