Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

aux plug?

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Zut 
#1 ·
I've heard that there is allegedly an aux plug in the glovebox. If so ... where is it? I looked and didn't find one ...

Thanks!

#2 ·
RonJeffries - 9/17/2005 11:21 PM

I've heard that there is allegedly an aux plug in the glovebox. If so ... where is it? I looked and didn't find one ...

Thanks!
you only have it if you have COMAND.

if so, look at this pic
http://www.mbslk.de/modules/4nAlbum/album/r171/r171-innen/424aeeb70b9cd.jpg

see that circular black and silver thing on the right hand side wall of the glove compartment - thats it!

#11 ·
bufobob - 9/18/2005 1:20 PM

Miroj:

What the heck is the story behind that photo??? [:0][:0][:0]
I do not lie as this is a true story. It simply started as an innocent question.

" How can I install a n iPOD kit into my SLK ? "

After installing COMAND, navigation drive, Harmon Kardon, advanced coding mods and voice control into the car would you believe that the SLK iPOD kit is still on backorder ?

Steve came to Australia to work on this car and several others. It was actually one of the highlights of 2005 thus far.

Such is the irony of life and mods !

The proud owner Two Dogs has posted several comments on here and been very kind to allow several coding experiments to be done on his car.

Still hoping to figure out the rain sensor function.

#14 ·
I have the stupid CD changer instead of the i-Pod kit and Sirius (that's living in Canada for you) but I don't have any space under the changer (unlike the one at http://www.mbslk.de/modules/4nAlbum/album/r171/r171-innen/424aeeb70b9cd.jpg . Why is that so? Also, I have the aux. plug. Now, what do I do with it? [?]

#17 ·
Greek1 - 9/17/2005 8:12 AM

thanx to ianx link of the aux plug picture in the glove compartment i finally found out where the aux plug is.
what type of cable can i use in this plug? normal analogue stereo cable or optical??
I use this cable from Radio Shack. The shielding helps cut down on some of the static some people say they have and the short length works well in the glove box.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=42-2497

#19 ·
To have my 40G iPOD streaming
through a HC system with no
static and a decent sound all
for $4.67 (incl tax). Works for
me! (Is working for me since this
a.m.)

Thanks for the tip.

P.S. I lived in North Carolina
before Chicago. It is truly "God's
Country." As they say, "If God ain't
a Tarheel, why is the sky Carolina
Blue?"

#20 ·
bclark - 9/19/2005 11:28 PM
To have my 40G iPOD streaming
through a HC system with no
static and a decent sound all
for $4.67 (incl tax). Works for
me! (Is working for me since this
a.m.)
Using that little wire to connect the i-Pod to the aux plug really works great. The only problem is that COMAND cannot be used to change tracks with this configuration. I think this is a nice inexpensive way to play the i-Pod in your SLK but if you plan to use your i-Pod extensively, you should definitely invest in a retrofit i-Pod kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.