Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

arrgh scratch

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  RonJeffries 
#1 ·
was attacked by locusts on the way into the garage and didn't notice that i had stopped too soon. garage door came down and scraped a bit of paint the size of an ant.

bummer. have tiny chip on hood too, so guess it's time for some touchup paint or a new car or something.

#3 ·
Uh, well, a grasshopper jumped onto my hood as I went into the garage, and I was looking at it and not paying attention to how far in I was, as I was afraid it was going to leap on me and kick me to death.

#4 ·
Yes, it's time for a new car. Can't be seen driving around with a scratch.

Grasshopper huh? Guess it's better that seeing a gecko on the hood, then meander its way out of sight and not knowing where it went.

#5 ·
RonJeffries - 9/13/2005 2:04 AM

Uh, well, a grasshopper jumped onto my hood as I went into the garage, and I was looking at it and not paying attention to how far in I was, as I was afraid it was going to leap on me and kick me to death.
Ron: I would have done the same... an eight foot boa or a rabid rottweiler would't distract me the least BUT a 9 mm BUG!! YECCH!!

#6 ·
Yeah, watch out man, I hear those hoppers pack a mean punch. You wouldn't wanna be kicked in the groin or something [:O]

#8 ·
I know how you feel, I wash my car last Sunday and notices a paint chip on the passenger door. I don't have to worry about locusts attacking, I have a two year old boy that tried to pry open my door with a screwdriver, he added another paint chip to my collection.

#9 ·
Ron if you are not considering doing it yourself ask your MB dealer who they use for touch ups, other options are by word of mouth from those that have had work done and can vouch for quality, I know my local dealer uses the top paint man for miles around here.

gary no scratches

#10 ·
Ynot - 9/15/2005 11:09 AM

I know how you feel, I wash my car last Sunday and notices a paint chip on the passenger door. I don't have to worry about locusts attacking, I have a two year old boy that tried to pry open my door with a screwdriver, he added another paint chip to my collection.
Y'know, you can always get another kid if you actually need one ...

#12 ·
W Mitty - 9/18/2005 11:30 AM

Try this system with the Mercedes touch-up paint. I think it is about as good as it gets outside a paint shop. Just take your time.
http://www.langka.com
Yes ... I heard of Langka on the BMW group, have never tried it, but I ordered some the other day. Haven't even ordered the touchup paint yet.

Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.