Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Finally Here - My New SLK55 AMG

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  taroliw 
#1 ·
After a long wait (including a few weeks hold at the VPC) it's finally here. Only have about 70 miles on it so far but this car is much better than I remembered from my SLK55 AMG test drive in May.

I clayed the car and applied two layers of Zaino Z2 (with ZFX).

I am looking for 19" wheels. I like the deep lip look but it will be difficult with the size of the front brakes.

Enjoy the pics.

See less See more
#5 ·
jono_m - 8/14/2005 6:44 AM

Congratulations! The 55 looks absolutely stunning in white![:0] It seems to be one of the few colours where the chrome surrounds match well. One question, did you change your indicator bulbs?
Thanks.

Yes, I replaced them with Sylvania “SilverStar� lights. According to the Sylvania website the correct turn signal bulbs (lamps) for the 2005 SLK are 3457A for the front and 1156A for the rear. I found the "SilverStar" lights, 3457AST and 1156AST at Pep Boys (local auto parts store) for $16.99 for a two pack.

For more info see my post at http://forums.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1218285&posts=8&fid=27

#6 ·
Great looking car, 98indypacer! I agree that the chrome lens frames look good on the white car but what about the grill inserts. Are you going to slap on those chrome inserts? Just wondering?

I'm sure it is running as good as it looks but don't forget to update us on the particulars!!

#7 ·
reallife - 8/14/2005 10:16 AM

Great looking car, 98indypacer! I agree that the chrome lens frames look good on the white car but what about the grill inserts. Are you going to slap on those chrome inserts? Just wondering?
Not sure on the chrome grill yet. I saw pics of a white car with chrome wings and chrome grill. Looked good in the pics but I would like to see it in person.

#8 ·
Congratulations 98indypacer for your car. Looks awesome.
BTW, were did you get the chrome trim around lights?

#12 ·
Looking very good man! Welcome to the SLK club [:)]

#13 ·
Great looking new SLK55.
I didn't realize how clean white looks on the car.
Hopefully when I get my black in September we can meet up!

#15 ·
Mikeyboy - 8/16/2005 4:20 AM

What a beautiful car 98Indypacer. Looks stunning in white - a real head turner.

Can I ask whether you changed the front signal bulbs yourself? I am wondering if you managed to remove the headlamp covers without too much trouble?
Mikeboy: You do not remove the headlight covers! You reach into a small hole behind the headlight and it's a quarter turn to remove. Re-installing was a pain to get lined up but still possible. The tech at the dealer did it in the parking lot while I watched. It took him just a few minutes. I did the rear lights myself. Best of luck.

#16 ·
White looks awesome! I am wondering how long you have to wait in the US for these cars? I just placed my order today and was told that I might get it around February!

#17 ·
The most important factor in determining your wait is how many cars your dealer has been allocated. So if you have several dealers in the nearby area, check them all. In my case, I placed my order for an SLK350 in July and will have it in October (Sept build).. it just so happened I'm getting this dealer's last SLK350 for the calendar year. :)

The suggestion I heard was that allocations for 280's will be on the rise, but 350's might stay flat or decline... since it's expected the 280's will sell in greater numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.