Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I read a post last week where someone stated that their display was showing their next service (13,0

• Schedule A Service

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Schedule B Service

Votes: 14 77.8%

Schedule A Or Schedule B Service

7K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Motzkoman 
#1 ·
I read a post last week where someone stated that their display was showing their next service (13,000 miles) as "Schedule B" even though the manual states it is Schedule A.

I checked my display today and it is also showing Schedule B as my next service instead of Schedule A and I was wondering how prevalent this error is. If you would be so kind as to check your display for next (first service after the "Welcome" visit for those in the USA) service and enter the results here[8D]

#4 ·
I've got a SLK55, so service is at 10K, but my display is showing Service B in 8590 miles.

I honestly don't remember what it said at delivery.

I have NOT been in for the 1-3K meet&greet.

But I did have it in the shop at 270 miles for a Transmission Valve Body replacement.

Of course the thing to do is ask your Service Rep, either now or wait until you are in again.

They can set/reset the Service indicator to what it needs to be, if accidently set w/o performing the service.

#5 ·
malibuite - 6/28/2005 3:48 AM

I read a post last week where someone stated that their display was showing their next service (13,000 miles) as "Schedule B" even though the manual states it is Schedule A.

I checked my display today and it is also showing Schedule B as my next service instead of Schedule A and I was wondering how prevalent this error is. If you would be so kind as to check your display for next (first service after the "Welcome" visit for those in the USA) service and enter the results here[8D]
Schedule A is officially the first 1 hour service - but if you go over this it will default to service B and it will come quicker. Aparently service A is there to give MB a chance to look over your car and make sure everything is running smoothly. It is easy to miss Schedule A - I know I have in my other cars.

You will notice with Service B that if you go over the mileage it will keep reminding you how many miles over you are until you get it into the garage. Service A doesn't.

I am not sure whether missing services in the SLK has warranty problems. I have an SL55 on order at the moment and the dealer told me that my warranty will be void if I miss a service by a set amount of miles... Aparently the SL does tell you of this.

#7 ·
I asked my sales advisor where my "A" service went. He kept repeating that the 13,000 mile interval is the "A" service. I dont think he understood what I was telling him. He offered no explanation as to why my 13,000 mile service is set for "B" currently, but stated that they would reset it when I bring the car in for the 1K - 3K checkup.
[8]

#8 ·
Hossley - 6/28/2005 6:49 AM

I asked my sales advisor where my "A" service went. He kept repeating that the 13,000 mile interval is the "A" service. I dont think he understood what I was telling him. He offered no explanation as to why my 13,000 mile service is set for "B" currently, but stated that they would reset it when I bring the car in for the 1K - 3K checkup.
[8]
Unfortunately, I did not notice this until after my 1K-3K checkup and don't want to make an extra trip just to have it reset. I was thinking that may be after I took it in for the Wecome service and they checked everything out that it reset to the "B" service but since you have not taken your car in yet I guess that is not a viable reason[V]

Also, the poll is showing that more people are displaying "B" service that "A". I wonder what the differnce represents[?]

#9 ·
This is an interesting one. When my car went into the dealer for its leaking roof and door rattle to be fixed it was indicating that it would need the A service at about 12000 miles. Since it came back (4+ weeks later) it has been indicating that it will need the B service at about the same mileage.
The car only did 50 or so miles whilst in their care so I'd assumed the Dealer reset something by mistake while they had the car (they've messed most other things up!!). I've asked them to explain the change but had no response yet.

#10 ·
Noticed mine showed Service B from new. Queried this with the service centre who told me neither A nor B is applicable as this model is on 'full diagnostics' - i.e. they plug in the laptop Star system and it tells them what needs doing (new E class is the same apparently). Not sure if this is a good or bad thing !![:0]

#11 ·
innherb - 6/28/2005 12:35 PM

Noticed mine showed Service B from new. Queried this with the service centre who told me neither A nor B is applicable as this model is on 'full diagnostics' - i.e. they plug in the laptop Star system and it tells them what needs doing (new E class is the same apparently). Not sure if this is a good or bad thing !![:0]
I wonder how they will reconcile that with the price quote/estimate that they give based on the A or B service...[?]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.