Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

stop the beeping!

981 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nickwilcock 
#1 ·
I just need to finish the top closing enough to roll up the rear side windows and stop the infernal warning beeps! And keep out the rain...

I redid all the hydraulic cylinders and it was working OK until I rebuilt the front one. Now the top operation just doesn't like to finish the last part--locking the top in place and rolling up the rear windows. I can sometimes make it work by manually turning the hex key while pressing the top button; the process finishes. But of course now it won't work at all. Just need to make it work one last time.

Please, someone tell me they have found a secret cheat/fix?

marc

#2 ·
Have you checked the fluid level in the pump? My first thought was to use the hex key to assist the locking, but then I read you did that as well. Was it working properly after you rebuilt the front cylinder and just stopped closing correctly, or hasn't it worked properly at all since the rebuild?

Tim

PS - visiting Honolulu for the first time. In for a convention and staying at the Hilton Garden Inn

#3 ·
Yeah, it was working fine after I rebuilt the four lower cylinders, but then the top cylinder began leaking of course. It worked a few times after the top cylinder rebuild, but only sporadically. Fluid level is good. I bled and vented and it doesn't seem to help. I fear the pump might be failing, but it's not slow. The pump is supposed to be self-burping, no?

Honolulu is a lot of fun if you know the places the locals like. PM sent.
Mahalo!

#4 · (Edited)
Hang loose with the Moose!

Ah yes, Waikiki! Haven't been there for around 27 years when flying from Hickam in my RAF days. But lucky enough to have stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village hotel - and once at the Royal Hawaiian!

But I hear that Moose's has gone downhill by remodelling as a 'sports bar' and even lets kids in these days....

Good luck fixing the SLK roof - it's a very complex system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.